2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Houston roads are pretty bad. Give me the current alternates over those any day.

Fixed.

Sorry man... Not a fan of the red and yellow color scheme.

I'm a fan of the scheme, I just really dislike those alts. It's like the most generic modern looking template. I'd take the dream era unis over those any day. And I feel like a change is coming soon.

I'm surprised Houston hasn't already switched to the McDonalds uniforms full time. Everybody is going with a modernized-retro look, and I'm surprised Houston hasn't already fully jumped on the bandwagon.

Can we just nominate Houston's "McDonald's unis" as the worst in the NBA?

Stop posting here.

I can think of at least 10 other jerseys 10 times worse than Houston's alternates ...

- Oklahoma City's alternate

- Golden State's t-shirts

- Sacramento's road jerseys

- Phoenix's Los Suns jerseys

- Dallas' Los Mavs jerseys

- Chicago's St. Patrick's Day jerseys

- The Bobcats' jerseys

- Atlanta's alternate jerseys

- San Antonio's Los Spurs jerseys

- Milwaukee's alternate jerseys

But, with that said, I think the jersey could be better executed. Maybe with a retro font. But, still it's far from the worst NBA jersey,

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

On 3/11/2013 at 0:44 AM, dbadefense1990 said:
On 3/10/2013 at 6:12 PM, elliott said:
On 3/10/2013 at 10:40 PM, phutmasterflex said:

Can we just nominate Houston's "McDonald's unis" as the worst in the NBA?

I can't even nominate them as the worst in this picture.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the Houston alternates/red and yellow color scheme could work if they put a different 'Houston' wordmark on them, and did something other than those uneven side panels. The potential is there.

Also, I think yellow should be present somewhere in the logo and regular uniforms, if it is highly featured on the alternate.

I think the Houston alternates/red and yellow color scheme could work if they put a different 'Houston' wordmark on them, and did something other than those uneven side panels. The potential is there.

Also, I think yellow should be present somewhere in the logo and regular uniforms, if it is highly featured on the alternate.

I have no beef with the side panels, but I totally agree on the wordmark. It's pretty weak.

As for red and yellow, it's too bad that this combo has not survived better. The Flames, Rockets, and Hawks all looked better with it but it's one of the schemes that pretty much "has to" have black added to it. Even Iowa State added that blue (thanks to them for removing it, though).

I hope this is a sign of things to come in Houston.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree -- this uniform is just caught awkwardly between retro Rockets and modern Rockets, and it only succeeds at looking tacky. A new wordmark and some more well designed trim and it could look great. Surely the old-school Rockets look doesn't look McDonalds...?

mo90anhxbb14xwl325ghhikce.gif

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I agree -- this uniform is just caught awkwardly between retro Rockets and modern Rockets, and it only succeeds at looking tacky. A new wordmark and some more well designed trim and it could look great. Surely the old-school Rockets look doesn't look McDonalds...?

mo90anhxbb14xwl325ghhikce.gif

I like the word mark on these. I think a modernized look on the current template could be dynamite!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I think red and yellow is a pretty hard color scheme to make work. Adding white can be hard because of how close together the white and yellow look when they're next to each other like the Rockets. You can add black, which I think looks good in most cases, but black often takes over and you're not really a red and yellow team anymore. I think Iowa State right now does it best with only having red and yellow. The only problem with that is you almost have to go traditional with a two color design and that doesn't work for some teams. Especially with a name like the Rockets, I think you have to have a somewhat modern design.

I really like the Rockets current look, though. Red and silver can be a great color scheme, especially if they still used the shiny fabric for the silver. My problem with the Rockets uniforms is that there's no silver on the home uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived