2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Kings are selling all of their replica jerseys on their team store site for $26.85. Does this mean a change in their look even if they stay?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings are selling all of their replica jerseys on their team store site for $26.85. Does this mean a change in their look even if they stay?

i hope so... ive never gotten over the white font on the home jersey/dark font on their roads... who thought that was a good jdea??

Something interesting about Danny Granger.

L-R: October 2005, March 2013

56028971-danny-granger-of-the-indiana-pacers-drives-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=p6Zj%2baYUMumtEtAY87Vzqz5GwAuKPRAXXFN3aQLfkdtp1oK9dHs7uUTYFmyTTZnmxaIX4zG4EZjAbM3AYTMTxGW%2fy%2blSMF0jSjfZzxgB9Ec%3d02b4885e8b0c11e29dbc22000a1f9e59_7.jpg

Perfect deja vu. Same uniform, same floor design, different year.

wish i could see it

could you post the direct link?

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/danny-granger-of-the-indiana-pacers-is-defended-by-ryan-news-photo/56057752

i hope so... ive never gotten over the white font on the home jersey/dark font on their roads... who thought that was a good jdea??

I honestly think it was the maloofs. By putting the city name on the home jersey they sorta controlled when Sacramento was being promoted, on the road they had kings, (obviously had intentions of leaving sac forever) THey were just too lazy to approve a color change to the wordmark. I hope new uniforms if they stay in Sac. #herewestay

they will fix it thankfully

On Tuesday night the Lakers retired Shaquille O'Neal's jersey, but they overlooked one not-so-minor detail: O'Neal's name is stretched across the front of a Lakers home jersey instead of the back.

"The oversight will be corrected and a new jersey put up as soon as possible," Lakers spokesman John Black said Wednesday.

600318_619767961382550_1926793019_n.jpg

What a mess

My goodness, that must be tough on the eyes for the players. Without the lighting, the orange appears even darker.

You all know that the Phoenix Suns is going for orange and black in 2013-2014? So that means they are fazing purple out of their color scheme.

i dont know if they're going to faze it out completely. their updated logo has a lot of purple still

but i do believe they're going to focus more on black and orange. im guessing their new roads will be either black or orange

and the rockets have really been wearing the hell out of the alternates. each time they've been on national tv they've been wearing the alts. interesting.

really makes me think they want to use yellow more. maybe an update on the horizon?

but it isnt just national TV. they have really worn them a lot. i feel like more than the normal ones

They are focusing more on black and orange, but I don't think they are fazing out purple completely. If you look at their court, yeah the actual court is filled with black and orange, but the seats in the stands are purple. I just hope they modernize their throwbacks that they've been wearing this season. Those deserve to be full time jerseys.

I just referenced this file in the Vikings Uniforms thread, but the NBA Creative Services Dept. puts out a "Team Identity Preference Guide" every season. The Suns' new color order preference will be Dark Orange #1, Black #2, and Dark Purple #3. The other myriad of colors in their new color scheme (Burnt Orange, Dark Yellow, Dark Gray and Light Gray) are relegated to supporting or accent colors.

This new Suns identity is primed to be one of the worst in sports. Keeping the gray that was shoehorned into the current terrible identity and the black which was shoehorned into the previous one, check. Darkening the color orange, check. Relegating purple, the team's primary uniform color for 45 FREAKING YEAR to tertiary, check. Keeping the current horrendous logo, and adding a terrible OkState rip-off bevel wordmark, check. It's a damn shame. Even if this identity looks good in a vacuum, which it won't, it's still horribly wrong to essentially drop the color a team has worn for its entire half-century existence.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I just referenced this file in the Vikings Uniforms thread, but the NBA Creative Services Dept. puts out a "Team Identity Preference Guide" every season. The Suns' new color order preference will be Dark Orange #1, Black #2, and Dark Purple #3. The other myriad of colors in their new color scheme (Burnt Orange, Dark Yellow, Dark Gray and Light Gray) are relegated to supporting or accent colors.

yup. using (about) these colors:

suns_2013-14_zpsd4998139.png

yup. using (about) these colors:

suns_2013-14_zpsd4998139.png

Ugh. That means that the "Suns" wordmark on the court may actually be on the new uniforms.

Archived