2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

I seem to remember the Suns officially de-emphasizing purple when the last unis came out (or perhaps somewhere along the way.) Wasn't gray already considered above purple in the current hierarchy?

It was either in a press release posted here or perhaps the "preference guide" ColorWerx referenced, but it was definite something official that dictated the use of orange and gray over orange and purple. I agree it's a shame, but we'll see what they come up with.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was in Houston, but meh

james-harden-rockets-court-vision.jpg?w=610&h=425

btw. Rockets haven't worn the regular roads in a loooong time. I've mentioned it before, anyone know anything on a possible upgrade to the Rockets set next year? It's just curious how often they have worn the alts this year. I can't remember a team that wore alts as often as these Rockets. maybe the navy blue lebron cavs? but not this often

I seem to remember the Suns officially de-emphasizing purple when the last unis came out (or perhaps somewhere along the way.) Wasn't gray already considered above purple in the current hierarchy?

It was either in a press release posted here or perhaps the "preference guide" ColorWerx referenced, but it was definite something official that dictated the use of orange and gray over orange and purple. I agree it's a shame, but we'll see what they come up with.

The NBA dictates the preferences as a guide for marketing and broadcasting, but that doesn't always translate to actual on court wear. The Suns certainly did prefer Orange and Gray in the - now past - uniforms.

I haven't seen any of the new designs, but here's the new color palette - how I've been able to put it together:

PhoenixSuns_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Once the logos and uniforms are unveiled I'll probably adjust the color order there.

Would love to see these

940x.jpg

I think playoffs is not a place for throwbacks, one-time alternates etc. It looked really weird when Nets used throwbacks in the finals. Each team is supposed make their own history in the post-season.

this was in Houston, but meh

james-harden-rockets-court-vision.jpg?w=610&h=425

btw. Rockets haven't worn the regular roads in a loooong time. I've mentioned it before, anyone know anything on a possible upgrade to the Rockets set next year? It's just curious how often they have worn the alts this year. I can't remember a team that wore alts as often as these Rockets. maybe the navy blue lebron cavs? but not this often

Everyone else is doing it.

Would love to see these

940x.jpg

I really​ don't like the idea of wearing throwbacks in the playoffs. Championships, memorable games, and memorable performances should be played in and remembered by the team's current uniforms.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Do the Nuggets often wear yellow at home? Weird to see two color vs. color games, and in the playoffs no less.

EDIT: Also, "blackout" looks like no one's there. Not so sure that was a good idea.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Do the Nuggets often wear yellow at home? Weird to see two color vs. color games, and in the playoffs no less.

EDIT: Also, "blackout" looks like no one's there. Not so sure that was a good idea.

Nuggets do wear that uniform at home every now and then.

Blackout is fine with me really. It may look like an empty arena, but if the crowd is loud, it's kind of eerie and that could throw opposition off just enough.

Does the NBA actually have any rules regarding jerseys, and what you have to wear, and when?

This year teams have worn more colored uniforms at home. I don't think there is a hard rule that home teams must wear white and this year it showed that it can be flexible

Go A's!

We've actually worn the yellow jerseys at home quite a bit I'd say 15-20+ times. The nuggets have only worn it a handful of times on the road.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

didnt like the Nets wearing Black with the Bulls red

didnt mind the Dubs/Nugs though

the black and red was just a tad much for me. at least the gold is bright....and yeah those Nuggets jerseys are awesome. probably my favorites in the league right now

Archived