Conrad.

2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

It's really not that hard to type on a phone.

It is when its screen is crack to the point where if I toutch a letter it will chose a letter on different part of the screen EX: A=T pisses me off. PS I'm on my computer now.

Maybe it's time for a new phone

Maybe you should just wait to post your hot sports opinionz on a computer. Don't worry. We can live without your insights for an hour or two until you get to a keyboard.

Is it just me, or does that Barclays Center render make the capacity look quite small? Or it could just be those overhead lights obscuring the nose-bleed section...

As for that secondary logo, I think I actually prefer it the the primary. I don't have too much of a problem with the Nets B&W re-branding, in fact I'm pleased they didn't succumb to adding silver or gold as a third colour.

Note: I'm from Australia, hence my crazy spelling of "colour" - and just as a side-note, the silver/gold/metallic uniform-trim craze is still very much in effect for pro teams Down Under.

According to the internet, basketball capacity is supposedly 18,103. That would make it the 4th lowest of the 29 NBA arenas. I'm fine with that. Also, the interior bowl is patterned after the Pacers' gym and is very tight in person. I like what they did with it.

185513_428565967185584_111386444_n.jpg

I get that its made for b-ball and thats fine, but isnt the point of having a large venue in this entertainment age is to not only house your main draw but other event as well? Other sports, concerts(which I know they are already), etc. If another indoor league wants to come to Brooklyn, Barclays might not be able to work for them. Might that be seen as a fail in design? Just curious not accusing.

It was supposed to be optimized for hockey as well, but they couldn't get it built that way. Had to slash the budget, and in the process, goodbye good hockey sightlines.

Makes sense. Also, I learned that hockey has sightlines. That common in sports? I've been to a few Clippers games and saw everything well from good and bad seats.

Aside from this year's logos and uniforms, has anyone noticed that most team websites just look absolutely morbid? There used to be a time when it used to be enjoyable to visit an NBA team's website; they were well kept, structured, organized, it was actually designed and not haphazardly thrown together. Now they all just look like a cluttered hot mess of nothingness.

Makes sense. Also, I learned that hockey has sightlines. That common in sports? I've been to a few Clippers games and saw everything well from good and bad seats.

I don't understand the question. Anything has sightlines; it's just a matter of how good they are. Obviously if you have to roll back a third of the seating bowl to fit a regulation ice rink, there are going to be compromised sightlines.

I get that its made for b-ball and thats fine, but isnt the point of having a large venue in this entertainment age is to not only house your main draw but other event as well? Other sports, concerts(which I know they are already), etc. If another indoor league wants to come to Brooklyn, Barclays might not be able to work for them. Might that be seen as a fail in design? Just curious not accusing.

They are actively courting the New York Islanders to play there but the sightlines and limited seating for hockey are definitely barriers to that. Is it a failure of design if it turns out to be the determining factor in the Islanders not playing there? Perhaps. But they set out to design a basketball oriented venue, and this type of intimate setting might end up attracting more basketball oriented events too. Definitely won't even things out, but its a specialization the arena owners decided to go for, and this differentiation matters since the arena has to compete with four hockey-oriented arenas in the vicinity (one of which is the "world's most famous").

As far as other indoor leagues other then the NHL, I don't think any indoor minor leagues would care as much about these factors.

According to the internet, basketball capacity is supposedly 18,103. That would make it the 4th lowest of the 29 NBA arenas. I'm fine with that. Also, the interior bowl is patterned after the Pacers' gym and is very tight in person. I like what they did with it.

Yup, as Wrigley Field and Fenway Park show, there're benefits to having ballparks with small capacities as long as strong demand keeps the ticket pricing up.

76ers 50 seasons (in philly) logo.

scheduletop810.png

I just don't see the point of the barely-there bevel effect on the numbers.

I'm glad though that they went with "seasons", instead of "anniversary", which is what they said at first. That patch will be on all 3 jerseys next season.

Teams are beginning to learn that it is better to control supply and demand through building smaller/more reasonably sized buildings. If there is excess demand, then you raise prices (and increase revenue). If you aren't selling out, you'll likely still fill more of the building, which will look better on tv and create more incentive for people to want to buy tickets ahead of time.

There's also a certain appeal an intimate building, both emotionally and from a value perspective.

Still not so much as a peep on whether or not the Knicks are changing uniforms.

We'll definitely find out in the next month and a half, with the promotion of NBA 2K13 and NBA Live 13, there is bound to be a leak sooner or later.

76ers 50 seasons (in philly) logo.

scheduletop810.png

12 stars instead of 13 makes no sense, unless they are counting the one large center star.