2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Still not so much as a peep on whether or not the Knicks are changing uniforms.

i'd say it's definite that they'll get new unis, because the 2012-13 uni catalog that someone posted a couple weeks ago had a "TBD" in place of the Knicks unis.

like OSF said, it's just a matter of scooping a peep via 2K13 or Live 13 now...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

76ers 50 seasons (in philly) logo.

scheduletop810.png

12 stars instead of 13 makes no sense, unless they are counting the one large center star.

So, I guess that makes 13 stars, then, and now it makes sense. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

has anyone heard any whispers on the nets design? i know lukas has seen it, and he said be prepared to be surprised. just curious if anyone had seen it and can shed some light.

I believe he made that comment before anyone had seen the logos, so it made sense at the time, but I don't know that it applies any longer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My go at what the Nuggs uni could look like (by combining the traditional rainbow-sky template with their current home/away template):

DEN-alt-1213.png

I might scoop a Lawson uni if it looks like this! Love it!

I'm a lil late to the party... but those look so goddamn great!

This needs to be forwarded to the Nuggets front office STAT.

6uXNWAo.png

Is it just me, or does that Barclays Center render make the capacity look quite small? Or it could just be those overhead lights obscuring the nose-bleed section...

As for that secondary logo, I think I actually prefer it the the primary. I don't have too much of a problem with the Nets B&W re-branding, in fact I'm pleased they didn't succumb to adding silver or gold as a third colour.

Note: I'm from Australia, hence my crazy spelling of "colour" - and just as a side-note, the silver/gold/metallic uniform-trim craze is still very much in effect for pro teams Down Under.

According to the internet, basketball capacity is supposedly 18,103. That would make it the 4th lowest of the 29 NBA arenas. I'm fine with that. Also, the interior bowl is patterned after the Pacers' gym and is very tight in person. I like what they did with it.

185513_428565967185584_111386444_n.jpg

I am willing to bet it will be one of the loudest arenas in the NBA. At least it is unique.

Is it just me, or does that Barclays Center render make the capacity look quite small? Or it could just be those overhead lights obscuring the nose-bleed section...

As for that secondary logo, I think I actually prefer it the the primary. I don't have too much of a problem with the Nets B&W re-branding, in fact I'm pleased they didn't succumb to adding silver or gold as a third colour.

Note: I'm from Australia, hence my crazy spelling of "colour" - and just as a side-note, the silver/gold/metallic uniform-trim craze is still very much in effect for pro teams Down Under.

According to the internet, basketball capacity is supposedly 18,103. That would make it the 4th lowest of the 29 NBA arenas. I'm fine with that. Also, the interior bowl is patterned after the Pacers' gym and is very tight in person. I like what they did with it.

I am willing to bet it will be one of the loudest arenas in the NBA. At least it is unique.

I know they said it's a basketball only arena, but the outlines in the center right near the stands look like it could fit for a hockey rink. Seems suspicious to me.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

It can fit a hockey rink, but not at NHL capacity. Something like 14,000 seats total, and many of those are obstructed or compromised. Hockey capacity shouldn't be more than 750 to 1,000 lower than basketball, so for all intents and purposes it is "basketball only."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well aren't Brooklynites notorious for being loud? Or is this a different kind of loud you speak of?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I know they said it's a basketball only arena, but the outlines in the center right near the stands look like it could fit for a hockey rink. Seems suspicious to me.

The Isles are playing a pre-season game there and Dynamo Moscow is playing two games against SKA St. Petersburg there in January.

It can fit a hockey rink, but not at NHL capacity. Something like 14,000 seats total, and many of those are obstructed or compromised. Hockey capacity shouldn't be more than 750 to 1,000 lower than basketball, so for all intents and purposes it is "basketball only."

Not to mention the seating layout is more of a horseshoe than a bowl

BarclaysCenter_Hockey_2012-10-02_2012-05-21_1137_tn_Seating_Chart.gif

Well aren't Brooklynites notorious for being loud? Or is this a different kind of loud you speak of?

Depends on what kind of Brooklynites you're talking about... There's the new breed of Mid-West transplanted hipsters and yuppies who dominate the western part of the borough these days but don't really fit into the traditional stereotype of Brooklyn.

has anyone heard any whispers on the nets design? i know lukas has seen it, and he said be prepared to be surprised. just curious if anyone had seen it and can shed some light.

I believe he made that comment before anyone had seen the logos, so it made sense at the time, but I don't know that it applies any longer.

nah, it was after they unveiled the logos (technically, it was in his blog post the same day he covered the unveil). so i guess we shall see.

on the barclay's: here's the thing...islanders fans would take ANY new area, myself included. tough sightlines? who cares?! it certainly beats leaky ceilings and asbestos. the coliseum actually has some of the best sightlines in the league, but it's a dump.

as far as the low capacity, the isles averaged just over 13,000 last year. if you assume that when they move in, they'd get a bump based on new interest in the team (and the hope that this rebuild pays dividends within a few years), you're looking at probably drawing about 14,000 and change per game. essentially capacity or near it. with the islanders, the problem hasn't been so much lack of funds as it has been lack of desire for anyone to play there. a new area, a more visible market, and players should be more opening to play for them. so that's what i think all that could attract the islanders there without the sightlines being completely ideal for hockey.

sig2024.png

Interesting item from the New York Times feature on Jay-Z's involvement with the Nets:

He helped design the team logos and choose the team?s stark black-and-white color scheme, and personally appealed to National Basketball Association officials to drop their objections to it (the N.B.A., according to a person with knowledge of the discussion, thought that African-American athletes did not look good on TV in black, an assertion that a league spokesman adamantly denied).

I'd never heard of an objection to any color scheme along those lines before.

Interesting item from the New York Times feature on Jay-Z's involvement with the Nets:

He helped design the team logos and choose the team?s stark black-and-white color scheme, and personally appealed to National Basketball Association officials to drop their objections to it (the N.B.A., according to a person with knowledge of the discussion, thought that African-American athletes did not look good on TV in black, an assertion that a league spokesman adamantly denied).

I'd never heard of an objection to any color scheme along those lines before.

saw the same thing. found it really interesting. also said how him and "his graphic designer" did the logo, which would surprise me that the NBA wasn't involved at least a little bit in development.

sig2024.png

The extremely underwhelming AS13 alternate logos:

AS13-alt-logos.png

and also a general idea (obv. the real ones will be more detailed) of the AS13 unis via the mascot logo:

AS13-mascot.png

i'm sure it's been said, but i still want to reiterate: "Houston, we have a problem (with this design package)."

Sure, the logos may be a tad on the boring side... but I think it's a solid overall package.

The mascot picture is disturbing, however.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived