2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

whine and athletic gold

If ever a color scheme was a perfect representation of its owner, this is it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, IceCap, but this does appear to be Spurs colors and Cavaliers numbers on a Celtics template. They could've done better, though that probably would've meant not using black and white while a team already had black, white, and some silver.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

whine and athletic gold

If ever a color scheme was a perfect representation of its owner, this is it.

I wish I could say that was intentional :D

As is I nominate it for the "most appropriate typo" award.

If only that post was written in comic sans it would have been perfect

I like it... they could have those uniforms for a loonngggg time. It'd be nice to finally see the Nets stick to one look.

And this is exactly it. A look that will last as long as they do in Brooklyn. Sure it has its similarities but when you go THAT traditional there isnt much that could be done different. I would like to see a logo on the shorts however. That at least will give these a bit more life. Jay-z wants the Nets to be the Yankees of basketball and he us starting with the timeless(and possibly a bit boring)look. Now they need to win something.

Jay-z wants the Nets to be the Yankees of basketball

Yeah. This mentality is how you wind up with the current Tampa Bay Lightning and Tampa Bay Rays.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No one's going to consider it a "rip off" of the the Cavaliers or Celtics.

Same number font as the Cavs, and the trim is almost exactly the same as the Celtics'. This is particularly egregious because the Nets and Celtics are divisional rivals.

The number font, for the Nets, will be thinner then the variation the Cavs use. As for the Celtics? Trim isn't an issue when you're talking two different colour schemes that will not be confused with one and other. At least as far as claims of "rip off" go.

As for the Spurs? I think the absence of silver side panels and a simpler wordmark/font will be enough to differentiate them.

The very similar color scheme and collar design is too close to the Spurs for comfort.

The liberal use of silver on the Spurs' part is enough to keep them from seeming like rip offs, in my opinion. Kind of like the Lightning could avoid the claims of ripping off the Leafs if they increased the use of black.

They weren't going to with straight black and white logos and simple typefaces and yet come out with modern uniforms.

A simple two-color scheme doesn't necessarily mean you can't have a modern uniform.

d5c889fcb2d45e15cd7f5425afa7d3c8-getty-91022348bb003_houston_rockets_media_day_large.jpg

That's not a two colour colour scheme. The roads are red with silver stripes and white logos, numbers, names, and wordmarks. The homes include a subtle but noticeable black drop shadow on the wordmark, numbers, and logos.

Also, the Rockets were going for a futuristic theme. Modern fits. The Nets were trying to create a classic look. Modern wouldn't have worked.

maroon_gold_400h.jpg

Number font aside, it looks fairly traditional. Single colour jersey with single colour numbers, solid colour pants....nothing that seems to overtly modern about it.

the number font was based of an old font

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I really hope this is fake, because it's boring and somehow manages to rip off the Celtics, Cavs, and Spurs at the same time.

No one's going to consider it a "rip off" of the the Cavaliers or Celtics. Black and white is not going to be confused with wine and athletic gold or kelly green and white. Not to mention all three have unique wordmarks and number fonts. As for the Spurs? I think the absence of silver side panels and a simpler wordmark/font will be enough to differentiate them.

And you can't "rip off" a standard, traditional uniform. Might as well call it a ripoff for lacking sleeves.

I really hope this is fake, because it's boring and somehow manages to rip off the Celtics, Cavs, and Spurs at the same time.

No one's going to consider it a "rip off" of the the Cavaliers or Celtics. Black and white is not going to be confused with wine and athletic gold or kelly green and white. Not to mention all three have unique wordmarks and number fonts. As for the Spurs? I think the absence of silver side panels and a simpler wordmark/font will be enough to differentiate them.

And you can't "rip off" a standard, traditional uniform. Might as well call it a ripoff for lacking sleeves.

The Mod did ripoff the Celtics for the template, and the Cavs for the number font. Don't really see the Spurs connection, aside from use of black/white.

If the Nets were to actually wear something like this I don't see it as a ripoff, but rather a similar simplistic style. The Celtics and Cavs looks work, but I'm not sure if it will with the Nets. It all comes down to execution...

Has anyone been able to uncover what the 2012-2013 on-court Adidas warmups will look like this year?

I'm most curious about the jacket and pants style... Wasn't a fan of last years, so I'm hoping Adidas bounces back with something a little nice this time around.

Possible Nuggets uniform leak?

nba2k130821b.jpg

Am I missing something? That looks just like what they've been wearing, no?

Well the blue looks darker and it looks like it has grey sides.EDIT:My bad, you're right I just watch the video were that came from and it's the same colors. The uniforms just looked different on that picture.

Possible Nuggets uniform leak?

nba2k130821b.jpg

Am I missing something? That looks just like what they've been wearing, no?

Well the blue looks darker and it looks like it has grey sides.EDIT:My bad, you're right I just watch the video were that came from and it's the same colors. The uniforms just looked different on that picture.

Whew. Denver dodged a bullet. The Nuggets dropping their current color scheme for a blander Blue*/Gray with Gold trim would've made them look a little more like Oklahoma City* and a lot more like Minnesota*.

*Assuming they dropped Navy and made their light blue more of a Strong Blue, which, last time I checked, are worn by the Thunder and Timberwolves.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived