2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it was now VA Beach..

How do you know that's the one they'd want to use? That's not from the trade and patent site is it..

Either way, it looks terrible. It's cheesy and foolish looking when objects are placed in as substitutes for letters. The lion looks poorly designed. The wordmark looks fresh out of the d-league.

What they have now is far superior.

A little fun tidbit. Here's the logo the Maloofs want to use if they move the team to Anaheim:

646058143.png?key=662227&Expires=1346171659&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=oKXXXfL3I5XaMvWR0nIjXR53dpQXUIkVHv62c9iqyNxgrnT3ERcJshxecvcmQjnK7EzGR6yKQGAhQ06ZcOU1FysqAYjF5ufilo1XWPryZAKENFkLMAuTK1YST4uHRHA4~MTOurXIz1D9oLFa~SjEJk7o8ZZZpYwFo5n1lA90rQQ_

Anyone else getting a red x?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

A little fun tidbit. Here's the logo the Maloofs want to use if they move the team to Anaheim:

646058143.png?key=662227&Expires=1346171659&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=oKXXXfL3I5XaMvWR0nIjXR53dpQXUIkVHv62c9iqyNxgrnT3ERcJshxecvcmQjnK7EzGR6yKQGAhQ06ZcOU1FysqAYjF5ufilo1XWPryZAKENFkLMAuTK1YST4uHRHA4~MTOurXIz1D9oLFa~SjEJk7o8ZZZpYwFo5n1lA90rQQ_

Anyone else getting a red x?

Yep, it's not showing up for me.

You guys aren't missing anything. It's something that would have taken the NBA by storm in 1996.

646058143.png

I wanna see it though! :(

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

646058143.png

here it is:

royals.png

As Ice_Cap said...nothin special here.

Yikers. That's real bad. Like, Anaheim Ducks bad. Am I the only one who can sort of see a connection, at least in idea?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

646058143.png

here it is:

royals.png

Yikers. That's real bad. Like, Anaheim Ducks bad. Am I the only one who can sort of see a connection, at least in idea?

I can see the resemblance too. Very bad logo.

That royals logo with the lion head for the o is from a small private college in Charlotte called queens university. Definitely NOT for an NBA team. The other logo with the cat and crown is a concept logo from a blog. I'd link the blog but I'm on my phone, he has some pretty good stuff (including a Nets logo that was often thought to be real).

EDIT: Here's the website where the Anaheim Kings logo hails from: My link

And here's the Queens Athletic site where you can find that Royals logo: My other link

646058143.png

here it is:

royals.png

The lion head has potential. It's the inclusion into the wordmark that kills it. But, if tweaked, the lion head could become fantastic...

The lion head portion isn't that bad. It's the inclusion in the wordmark that kills it. But, with tweaks, the lion head could be fantastic...

646058143.png

here it is:

royals.png

The lion head has potential. It's the inclusion into the wordmark that kills it. But, if tweaked, the lion head could become fantastic...

The lion head portion isn't that bad. It's the inclusion in the wordmark that kills it. But, with tweaks, the lion head could be fantastic...

I guess if you tweaked the lion head a bit and put the "Royals" wordmark underneath, it could look pretty cool.

Archived