2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/6/2012 at 10:01 AM, Conrad. said:

I never thought that the Knicks would drop the black and I'd say this, but: "Downgrade". The workmark is off. Looking at the numbers and wordmark, it looks like they've counterfeited the counterfeits.

I definitely prefer gray to black. The black was so tired. But they managed to execute it badly enough to make it a downgrade.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

A2Hi7mCCYAAbPo2.jpg

A2Hi_bZCIAAuHBK.jpg

Waistband should've been two colors, sleeve striping should've gone all the way around, and the numbers are a bit on the thin side. It's not bad, but it's not as good as it could've been. I agree with OnWis, they may have actually downgraded from the unis with black in them. :wacko: It's not a STARK downgrade, but still...wow.

Could have been much better with full arm bands and a better waistband. The solid colors stick out in a bad way on these.

The Celtics have a solid waistband. Granted they have a clover in front of there's.

p8621738dt.jpg

But at least the Celtics have some side piping to not give the band such a desolate appearance.

123xa2.png

Could have been much better with full arm bands and a better waistband. The solid colors stick out in a bad way on these.

The Celtics have a solid waistband. Granted they have a clover in front of there's.

p8621738dt.jpg

But at least the Celtics have some side piping to not give the band such a desolate appearance.

Well, it's more than that. The fact the Celtics are only a two color team make it easier for the look to have balance.

By contrast, it throws the color balance off on the Knicks, because they're juggling four colors in the set.

2, or even 3 color waistband would have looked better, but part of me actually likes the look. On the road I think it looks great, but the waistband on the home uni just stands out a lot more. It seems like I don't hate the overall look as much as some do. It's a simple look, they made some mistakes, but I think they'll look good in action and they'll grow on people once you get used to some of the interesting choices.

As the biggest knicks fan probably of all time ever in the history of the world dating back to dr naismith, I have to say I like (not love) all the changes but the new wordmark ? that will certainly bug me, but I imagine (hope?) I will get used to it over time ? as they say, time heals all new fonts on your favorite basketball team?s uniform.

• The gray looks great, as I am a fan of the color in general ? I think gray looks great on the sun uniforms, too. Not too invasive, but looks solid next to the blue and orange.
  • Numbers are thin, but that?s the way the nba is trending with all the new uniforms lately (bobcats, leaked [?] nets, pacers, bucks, off the top of my head)
  • Cut off arm holes are better than cut off jean shorts, so there?s that.
  • ?Once a knick, always a knick? makes me sick, with the way dolan has treated former players (ewing, Oakley, previous head coaches, Sprewell, Jeremy lin)
  • The waistband looks pretty cool to me, very old school
  • New secondary logo on the back looks good, as I was never a huge fan of the token logo ? wish it was on the shorts as well

Archived