2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

I must say, if the Thunder are going the navy blue route for their alts, it's a bold and refreshing choice. You don't often see teams with navy unis in sports these days.

Not knocking you but something about that statement seems off. I swear there are constant complaints of too much navy, or some other blue in the major sports leagues today. No?

Sigh, really?

Was it something I said?

Sarcasm, my friend. It's called sarcasm.

can we confirm those are the brooklynettes' uniforms?

I must say, if the Thunder are going the navy blue route for their alts, it's a bold and refreshing choice. You don't often see teams with navy unis in sports these days.

POTD.com/postoftheday.html

No. A little humorous, but not POTD.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have to say that both teams look good (minus SA's new alternates) but I wish that Brooklyn had gone out of the box just a little more. Maybe something like putting the shield from the logo around the numbers.

I echo this sentiment, including the number in the shield idea.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I prefer the Spurs' look, though I'd still like to see them use a matching San Antonio wordmark on the road. The Nets' look is too boring and derivative. You don't often see modern two-color designs, and I feel like the Nets should have gone that route instead of imitating the Celtics and Cavs. Plus, they need to wear the team name at home.

Can you explain why you feel the Nets look is 'derivative'?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It honestly looks kind of like they took the Celtics' uniforms, changed the colors, and tweaked the striping just enough to avoid a lawsuit. It just seems like Generic "Classic" Sports Uniform #5,489. Considering how bland the logos are, I was hoping for a cool, unique uniform that popped to make up for it. Other then the sublimated herringbone pattern that won't even be visible on TV, these uniforms completely fail in that regard.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It honestly looks kind of like they took the Celtics' uniforms, changed the colors, and tweaked the striping just enough to avoid a lawsuit. It just seems like Generic "Classic" Sports Uniform #5,489. Considering how bland the logos are, I was hoping for a cool, unique uniform that popped to make up for it. Other then the sublimated herringbone pattern that won't even be visible on TV, these uniforms completely fail in that regard.

That's just silly.

A4Ihg_kCUAA4FGk.jpg

A4IhoRGCcAARBDH.jpg

2910.jpg

SO. AWESOME.

I'm glad they have the striped sides on the shorts. Amazing look.

Now I'm gonna have to draft a Nugget in fantasy basketball, so I can buy their alt jersey and support them all season!

BONUS: a cool marketing campaign logotype for the Nuggs this season:

digin-800x135.png

A4Ihg_kCUAA4FGk.jpg

A4IhoRGCcAARBDH.jpg

SO. AWESOME.

I'm glad they have the striped sides on the shorts. Amazing look.

Now I'm gonna have to draft a Nugget in fantasy basketball, so I can buy their alt jersey and support them all season!

BONUS: a cool marketing campaign logotype for the Nuggs this season:

digin-800x135.png

Sad to see the navy retired but this looks awesome

I...dig the Nuggets' jersey and I...dig the shorts, but I think they're too busy together. I'd like the set a lot more if they had gone with a simpler trim on the shorts, e.g., one that mirrored the piping around the collar.

I...dig the Nuggets' jersey and I...dig the shorts, but I think they're too busy together. I'd like the set a lot more if they had gone with a simpler trim on the shorts, e.g., one that mirrored the piping around the collar.

true. i think making the shorts "stripes" twice as thick would have remedied that. the original "rainbow" nuggs unis didn't have that many side stripes on the shorts, so i'm surprised they changed it for this gold uni.

at the same time, from a merchandise angle, the shorts and the unis will sell nicely as separate pieces since they are separately "busy".

courtfull670.jpg

RIP Purple

If they went through the trouble of creating a wordmark that can essentially be read the same from both sides of the court (slight differences in shading of beveling), why not flip the alternate logos and corporate names to have one set face the other side of the court?

8036306397_d256ca20f4_b.jpg

US Airways paid a lot of money to get the naming rights and they're not going to let their name be upside down on TV

Exactly. Also .. do you 1/2 the on-court logos to be right-side-up for the 9,000 people sitting on that side of the court ... or have both logos right-side-up for the 100's of thousands to potentially millions watching on TV if it was a playoff game.

courtfull670.jpg

RIP Purple

If they went through the trouble of creating a wordmark that can essentially be read the same from both sides of the court (slight differences in shading of beveling), why not flip the alternate logos and corporate names to have one set face the other side of the court?

8036306397_d256ca20f4_b.jpg

US Airways paid a lot of money to get the naming rights and they're not going to let their name be upside down on TV

Exactly. Also .. do you 1/2 the on-court logos to be right-side-up for the 9,000 people sitting on that side of the court ... or have both logos right-side-up for the 100's of thousands to potentially millions watching on TV if it was a playoff game.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

true. i think making the shorts "stripes" twice as thick would have remedied that. the original "rainbow" nuggs unis didn't have that many side stripes on the shorts, so i'm surprised they changed it for this gold uni.

at the same time, from a merchandise angle, the shorts and the unis will sell nicely as separate pieces since they are separately "busy".

If the NBA/Adidas decide to sell them, that is. I went to the NBA Store in NYC last week and asked the clerk if they carried Wizards shorts. The NBA employee said, "nah, we only carry shorts for the main teams."

Such is life as a Wizards fan.

Nuggets new uniforms are a disaster. I'm sorry but that look was a joke when they first played in it and now its some kind of sarcastic nod to those uniforms. Just what exactly are they trying to be? I don't mind teams having a little fun with their uniforms i'm not saying EVERY team has the be the Celtics or new Nets, but that is an absolute mess. Granted, its put together well and the shorts stripes work with the jersey design and all that, I could see it as a really cool fan/fassion uniform. But for on-court use I think the team needs to look WAY more professional than that.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived