2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another gem unviled. Well done, Denver AND Portland! (This means those awful Rip City alts are gone, right?)

EDIT - Oh wait... the sleeves don't go all the way around? What the hell???

ya, i thought that with the Trail Blazers too.

spacer.png

That's incredible. Even their Chargers-ripoff color scheme looks good on them for a change.

wat

Powder blue and gold will always remind me of the AFL Chargers uniforms. The Nuggets' regular uniform is powder blue and gold dominant. It's not really that off-base, IMO.

Of course, Spanos hasn't helped matters by continuing to force navy into the color scheme even when he finally brought back powder blue.

The Nuggets switched to a double blue and gold scheme in 2003 when the Chargers were still just wearing navy and gold. Also, the Chargers never had a history of using two blues at the same time until their last redesign in 2006. So the argument could be made that the Chargers copied the Nuggets by adopting the double blue and gold scheme three years after the Nuggets did. You could make a case that the popularity of the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks inspired the Nuggets, but then again the Nuggets have their own history wearing blue and gold.

I don't think either one really copied the other. Both teams have histories of using blue and gold, and the double blue fad was picking up steam around the time both teams started looking into a redesign.

I really like what the Nuggets did for their alternate, but I'd rather see it on powder blue than yellow. The fewer yellow uniforms, the better. Keeps the Lakers looking special. While you're at it, use the rainbow on the skyline, not just team colors, but that's asking too much now; I know.

The Trail Blazers' alternate is terrible. The sash looks awful, and the script doesn't match the other ones. Also, black on red is kind of a Bulls thing now. Why not white on black or white on red?

Nets uniforms are the worst.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's incredible. Even their Chargers-ripoff color scheme looks good on them for a change.

wat

Powder blue and gold will always remind me of the AFL Chargers uniforms. The Nuggets' regular uniform is powder blue and gold dominant. It's not really that off-base, IMO.

Of course, Spanos hasn't helped matters by continuing to force navy into the color scheme even when he finally brought back powder blue.

I guess the real question is...how are the Knicks able to rip off Boise State using Blue, Orange, and Silver?

Portland's jersey would look a lot better if it didn't have the 5-on-5 logo at the neck. It would have been perfect just on the shorts. The new sash blows.

And I actually like Conrad's alternate Nuggets design a lot better than what they went with.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

-Blazers alternate is a definite downgrade over the old red alt. The "streamlined" sash looks worse than what they're regularly wearing and all the other little elements don't really add anything. I hope the new sash doesn't come to the home and road jerseys in the future. Their current look is classic, the new alternate just looks like it's trying too hard.

-The Nuggets alternate is great. I'm not sure if I would want to see this design come to the home and road (it might be a little too busy), but it's great for an alternate. Great addition to a pretty good looking set.

-I know the Cavs alternates came out a while ago, but seeing them in that photo shoot just reminds me of how good they look. It's really a shame that the league won't let them wear those as their full-time home uniforms.

-I love everything Brooklyn is doing with their identity. Those are uniforms that will develop into classics and the herringbone pattern on the trim is a great touch.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

But the Nuggets and Blazers have a lot of shenanigans going on (skyline and chunky striping, weird distorted sash).

Less can be more, but not for every team in every sport. I'm glad the Nuggets are trying something unconventional; the pendulum was swinging too far again. #teamlightsout?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived