Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Deron Williams' FB Page:

398191_10151455569369616_363785163_n.jpg

closer look

r711t1.jpg

So the primary logo's wordmark is bolded?

Those unis are great, love the short striping. See the whole set I kind of wish the roundel logo was on the shorts; in fact I wish the roundel was the primary and the shield didn't exist.

See the whole set I kind of wish the roundel logo was on the shorts; in fact I wish the roundel was the primary and the shield didn't exist.

I dunno. I prefer the roundel as well (it looks great at center court), but the shield is the only tie to their previous identity. I like the fact that they kept some continuity.

Gotcha, Ben! wink.gif

As for the issue at hand, i dont see the radial-arch as a problem for the Nets unis. I'd just like a robust effort put into some creative side panels (moreso than just giving the single stripe a herringbone pattern). Maybe something bridge-inspired? or subway-inspired?

I mean, sure, you could do that, but then your uniforms become a gimmick and no longer support the message of your identity. Sometimes it takes more of an effort to create something minimal and restrained than it does to throw together something exciting and 'inspired' as you guys like to say.

+1 I could not agree more when I first saw their logos I thought ugh but they are starting to grow on me a little I still do not like the way they did the B on the curved ball but it could be worse.

The thin and nicely arched 'Nets' is a necessary part of the brand

You mean the one with the terribly distorted S?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

With the new yellow alternates, does this mean that the Nuggets have dropped their horrible navy alts? Can an NBA team by rule have more than one alternate?

Didn't the Heat have two alts last year; the red and the black on black?

The black on black was part of a promotion so I'm sure the NBA allowed it. See the Portland "Rip City" alternate they wore twice last season along with the now old red alternates.

I don't get this "cut off the striping" fad....is unfinished a "look" now?

In short, yes it is, but these in particular I don't find to look unfinished. It's a different way of finishing the trim, but it's still finished. It's just something we haven't seen yet. Might turn out to be an unfortunate experiment, or it may catch on. I guess we'll see.

010_09252012_blazers_to.sjpg_534_800_1_100_1_47_40.jpg

How legible will those numbers be from a distance?

Haven't the Bulls done black numerals with white trim for nearly their entire existence?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't get this "cut off the striping" fad....is unfinished a "look" now?

In short, yes it is, but these in particular I don't find to look unfinished. It's a different way of finishing the trim, but it's still finished. It's just something we haven't seen yet. Might turn out to be an unfortunate experiment, or it may catch on. I guess we'll see.

010_09252012_blazers_to.sjpg_534_800_1_100_1_47_40.jpg

How legible will those numbers be from a distance?

Haven't the Bulls done black numerals with white trim for nearly their entire existence?

Yeah. The black numbers on red is probably the best thing about that jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

With the new yellow alternates, does this mean that the Nuggets have dropped their horrible navy alts? Can an NBA team by rule have more than one alternate?

Didn't the Heat have two alts last year; the red and the black on black?

Heat also had the white Flordians throwbacks last year, right? So really...three uniforms other than normal home/away. Plus, the Cavs used to have the navy alternate plus the Fanatic alternate(s).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived