2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and those Knicks unis just posted

such a downgrade. doesn't even look NBA to me. their old set was fine

all they had to do was drop the little bit of black left on it to match their new logo

but even though im not a huge proponent of black, the knicks wore it well. i liked their last logo and unis. sigh

I have to disagree. It's a much cleaner, tighter look. The New York wordmark also pops out better, as it looks stronger and sturdier. The shades of the orange and blue they are using now are much more aesthetically pleasing as well imo, they don't look as washed out.

The Knicks new uniforms are growing on me. As for the Warriors yellow alternate, I understand that the white stripes will likely be there down the side for the sake of uniformity, but it seems unnecessary and doesn't show up very well. Blue would look better IMO.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Here's a video showing all uniform options and team rating in NBA 2k13

http://t.co/u99q2ggw

I don't know what they're deadline for uniforms were (Roster deadline was August 3rd) but a lot of new alternates are not in the game, but will be patched in later (new Knicks & Nets are in, new Blazers, Nuggets, Thunder, Warriors, Sixers, Clippers, etc. are not in yet). So technically that list is incomplete.

I really wish the Clippers would go blue on the road and make the red uniform the alternate, same with Philadelphia. But I guess they want to mix it up a little, seeing that other Red &Blue/Navy teams go with Blue/Navy road uniforms, and red uniforms for alternates (Detroit, Atlanta).

A4I6V33CUAEP-3x.jpg

the "dynamic" sash is cool, but damn them for putting the dumb half-arm holes, ala the Knicks new hot mess.

Am I the only one who thinks this is meant to be a preview of a future uniform update for the Blazers? I don't see any other reason why they'd use a tweaked, streamlined version of their regular look on the alternate only.

Hmm...didn't the Knicks late 90's set start out as an alternate jersey?

I don't know what they're deadline for uniforms were (Roster deadline was August 3rd) but a lot of new alternates are not in the game, but will be patched in later (new Knicks & Nets are in, new Blazers, Nuggets, Thunder, Warriors, Sixers, Clippers, etc. are not in yet). So technically that list is incomplete.

I really wish the Clippers would go blue on the road and make the red uniform the alternate, same with Philadelphia. But I guess they want to mix it up a little, seeing that other Red &Blue/Navy teams go with Blue/Navy road uniforms, and red uniforms for alternates (Detroit, Atlanta).

I also noticed that all the 90's throwbacks that are supposed to be worn this season are in the game except the raptors.

With what we're seeing with the Suns' court, I'm actually hoping for orange primaries next year. I actually really like the orange alts they currently use. I hate that purple is apparently gone, but an orange primary would be solid....and unique to the NBA.

Just noticed that the Suns' facebook picture (and team motto, I'd assume) is "All for Orange". Maybe orange primaries are what's to come next year.

I also noticed that all the 90's throwbacks that are supposed to be worn this season are in the game except the raptors.

They're usually in the game anyway.

The new Knicks jerseys look better in up front in higher definition. They grew on me.

shumpert.png

What the hell is up with this guy? I understand the Knicks wanted to go back to the 1991 uniforms, but damn...

Too many tattoos to fit into that time period.

Archived