2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

What's the deal with these new half-sleeve patterns?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a video showing all uniform options and team rating in NBA 2k13

http://t.co/u99q2ggw

I don't know what they're deadline for uniforms were (Roster deadline was August 3rd) but a lot of new alternates are not in the game, but will be patched in later (new Knicks & Nets are in, new Blazers, Nuggets, Thunder, Warriors, Sixers, Clippers, etc. are not in yet). So technically that list is incomplete.

I really wish the Clippers would go blue on the road and make the red uniform the alternate, same with Philadelphia. But I guess they want to mix it up a little, seeing that other Red &Blue/Navy teams go with Blue/Navy road uniforms, and red uniforms for alternates (Detroit, Atlanta).

I also noticed that all the 90's throwbacks that are supposed to be worn this season are in the game except the raptors.

Yeah, I was hoping for the white jersey with the dinosaur, but it didn't show up in the selection screen. The waterfall 76ers jersey seemed to be missing too.

Would like to see added to the game:

Mid 90s 76ers (Iverson rookie year w/Copperplate font)

90s Blazers (italics, all caps wordmark, no silver)

Late 80s Bucks (greens, w/ no red)

Late 90s Bucks (white and purple sets)

Mid 90s Hawks

Late 90s/Early 2000s Magic (sublimated stars)

80s Mavericks (white and green sets, with curly font)

late 90s Nuggets (though the team may be unlockable like last year)

90s Pacers (FloJo set)

Early 90s Suns (white and purple Barkley era - they have the black, seems like it would be easy to create the others)

90s Bullets (Webber/Howard/Muresan era)

Overall, a pretty good effort by 2k for the second or third year in a row. Seems like it would have been easy to complete the 90s throwback sets - it probably wouldn't be hard to create the other jersey set that's not being featured this year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't get this "cut off the striping" fad....is unfinished a "look" now?

In short, yes it is, but these in particular I don't find to look unfinished. It's a different way of finishing the trim, but it's still finished. It's just something we haven't seen yet. Might turn out to be an unfortunate experiment, or it may catch on. I guess we'll see.

010_09252012_blazers_to.sjpg_534_800_1_100_1_47_40.jpg

How legible will those numbers be from a distance?

Haven't the Bulls done black numerals with white trim for nearly their entire existence?

Yeah. The black numbers on red is probably the best thing about that jersey.

I don't get this "cut off the striping" fad....is unfinished a "look" now?

In short, yes it is, but these in particular I don't find to look unfinished. It's a different way of finishing the trim, but it's still finished. It's just something we haven't seen yet. Might turn out to be an unfortunate experiment, or it may catch on. I guess we'll see.

010_09252012_blazers_to.sjpg_534_800_1_100_1_47_40.jpg

How legible will those numbers be from a distance?

Haven't the Bulls done black numerals with white trim for nearly their entire existence?

Yeah. The black numbers on red is probably the best thing about that jersey.

I disagree completely. Its all good except for the black. White numbers/names/team would have made all the difference. Super quick mock-up:

newpdxjerse_zpsa17ec545.jpg

The new Knicks jerseys look better in up front in higher definition. They grew on me.

shumpert.png

This is so close to being a really good set but I don't like the cutoff stripes, the new wordmark, or the solid waistband. Not a bad look just a lot of waisted potential, luckily that dudes got the coolest haircut in the league.

Here's a video showing all uniform options and team rating in NBA 2k13

http://t.co/u99q2ggw

I don't know what they're deadline for uniforms were (Roster deadline was August 3rd) but a lot of new alternates are not in the game, but will be patched in later (new Knicks & Nets are in, new Blazers, Nuggets, Thunder, Warriors, Sixers, Clippers, etc. are not in yet). So technically that list is incomplete.

I really wish the Clippers would go blue on the road and make the red uniform the alternate, same with Philadelphia. But I guess they want to mix it up a little, seeing that other Red &Blue/Navy teams go with Blue/Navy road uniforms, and red uniforms for alternates (Detroit, Atlanta).

I also noticed that all the 90's throwbacks that are supposed to be worn this season are in the game except the raptors.

Yeah, I was hoping for the white jersey with the dinosaur, but it didn't show up in the selection screen. The waterfall 76ers jersey seemed to be missing too.

Would like to see added to the game:

Mid 90s 76ers (Iverson rookie year w/Copperplate font)

90s Blazers (italics, all caps wordmark, no silver)

Late 80s Bucks (greens, w/ no red)

Late 90s Bucks (white and purple sets)

Mid 90s Hawks

Late 90s/Early 2000s Magic (sublimated stars)

80s Mavericks (white and green sets, with curly font)

late 90s Nuggets (though the team may be unlockable like last year)

90s Pacers (FloJo set)

Early 90s Suns (white and purple Barkley era - they have the black, seems like it would be easy to create the others)

90s Bullets (Webber/Howard/Muresan era)

Overall, a pretty good effort by 2k for the second or third year in a row. Seems like it would have been easy to complete the 90s throwback sets - it probably wouldn't be hard to create the other jersey set that's not being featured this year.

Hopefully some of the alts and possibly the Cavs,Raptors, and Sixers throwbacks can be patched in or unlocked via code like some uniforms were last year.There're also a few courts I heard they are going to update.

apologies for the dbl-post, but this is a separate issue. here's a screenshot from 2K13:

eOJrs.jpg

...meaning that Golden State might not necessarily be a new alt. it could be a throwback uni that they'll be using as a 2nd road uni. also, this confirms the Thunder as having a new alt uni.

I disagree completely. Its all good except for the black. White numbers/names/team would have made all the difference. Super quick mock-up:

To me, that's much more legible and it differentiates them from the Bulls.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

To me, that's much more legible and it differentiates them from the Bulls.

I'm sure the sash differentiates them from the Bulls. I think the black on red works just fine.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

VERY rough execution of conjecture about the Warriors and Clippers new alts (?):

gsw-alt.pnglac-alt.png

That's what I expect too. Just a flip of colors from current set

It's what I expect but I hold out hope Warriors find a way of doing it without the full name on the uni.

I think the Warriors may planning something more substantial.

Too many outlines. It looks like mud from far away. Something other than black with white trim could work, but it's definitely not white with black and silver trim.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

VERY rough execution of conjecture about the Warriors and Clippers new alts (?):

gsw-alt.pnglac-alt.png

That's what I expect too. Just a flip of colors from current set

It's what I expect but I hold out hope Warriors find a way of doing it without the full name on the uni.

I think the Warriors may planning something more substantial.

that's good to hear (from a reputable source). i just pray that they put "THE CITY" on the front and maybe also add a cable car design somewhere on it.

Archived