2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Was the Forum different lighting-wise? They used a more traditional wood stain on that flood. Also, maybe going with yellow keys (like the Forum) but paining the out of bounds purple would have helped improve things. It would work with the effect of making everything other than the court darker, but emphasizing the action on the court.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the lighting was similar (the Lakers' lighting setup is surely meant to approximate the Forum's), but I preferred the Staples Center court.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I too liked the first Staples Center court - I was a fan of that mid-court logo used in the Shaq years that had somewhat of a 3-D effect. The Forum court was nice, but I didn't like the red markings used in the keys. Why red?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2pte3av.jpg

As if home gsmes werent hard enough to watch already. Barf.

Bad doesn't even begin to describe this.

So.... What color are the bobcats again?? If I had to pick one (bulls are red, Knicks are blue) I would have always said orange for the bobcats.. No matter what uniform color they were I'd always consider them an orange team.... Now????

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

It's not too often you see someone managing to make OKC logos and uniforms look good..

Brooklyn did that with their logos recently.

Nah Nets have a good secondary logo and a non red/blue colour scheme. Plus you can tell they had a clear plan by looking at the logos, uniforms and home court..I can't say the same about OKC and now Bobcats.

2pte3av.jpg

As if home gsmes werent hard enough to watch already. Barf.

Bad doesn't even begin to describe this.

So.... What color are the bobcats again?? If I had to pick one (bulls are red, Knicks are blue) I would have always said orange for the bobcats.. No matter what uniform color they were I'd always consider them an orange team.... Now????

can you really call the Bobcats a team?

remember the old hornets court? lol

0.jpg

Wow. That was allowed to exist?

I loved that court design. Even wackier was the Rockets' court, with a solid blue 3-pt area filled with stars, and a huge mid-court explosion:

Houston1996.png

I don't know about every one else, but it was a very sad day when the Rockets left this behind. They replaced it with one of the most boring logos in my opinion. I used to love that court/uniform set.

remember the old hornets court? lol

0.jpg

Wow. That was allowed to exist?

I loved that court design. Even wackier was the Rockets' court, with a solid blue 3-pt area filled with stars, and a huge mid-court explosion:

Houston1996.png

I don't know about every one else, but it was a very sad day when the Rockets left this behind. They replaced it with one of the most boring logos in my opinion. I used to love that court/uniform set.

While we're talking about 90s courts I found this abominationclevelandcavs.jpg

I want more whacky. Even the Sixers with their flying balls from the sideline. So 90s

Nah, the flying balls were kinda lame. Now the "circle of stars" around the logo from the first season of the CoreStates Center (1996-97) was pretty cool. Can't find a good pic of it.

Found a pic from a video game.sixerscomplete2.jpg

The black key is just bizarre. I don't remember that, but, then again, I'm not much of a Sixers fan. I love that the CoreStates Center still lives somewhere, even if it is in a video game.

I'm pretty sure the real court had the black extend to the top of the jump ball circle above the key. I'm not a fan of the "SIXERS" in the corners of the baseline, as I liked it better right beyond the key like they did in future seasons.

I think the black looked great on that court. Actually, I like that doctored video game court better than the real one. If done today, I guess I'd like to see a solid blue key with red baselines like in the Spectrum days, but the stars looked great around the old logo like that.

EDIT: that's not even close to the Corestates center. For one ,the Corestates logo is all wrong. For another, the seats aren't even that color - more like a maroon.

I'm not sure why this court is so hard to find a real picture or good graphic of. I simply can't find one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm really getting sick of this trend of removing the lanes in the paint. It's stupid as hell and makes it look like something is wrong with your court. The Cavaliers just had to start this crap, didn't they?

I really like the way it looks, to be honest. Maybe part of it is that I'm very utilitarian, and the fact that those lines have no function in an NBA game makes them completely dispensable. I don't think they add anything aesthetically. It just makes it look like you share the court with a college. Having the paint painted different colors is probably distracting for a referee when trying to distinguish whether a player is in or out of the paint. I mean, high schools and colleges don't have the NBA lanes painted on their courts, so why should NBA courts have the college lanes?

Basically, yeah. I think they're aesthetically pleasing, and I like when courts have the sidebars in another color. Now they're just big flat blocks of paint.

The problem with the traditional Lakers script on the baseline, it's just hitting me, is that the swash on the R makes the rest of the letters float above the line. It's unbalanced.

The L dips below the other letters, too, though slightly less than the swash of the R. It's a tough wordmark to work with, but I like this look better than the weird, generic-but-not-in-a-good-way lettering they had there before.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I want more whacky. Even the Sixers with their flying balls from the sideline. So 90s

Nah, the flying balls were kinda lame. Now the "circle of stars" around the logo from the first season of the CoreStates Center (1996-97) was pretty cool. Can't find a good pic of it.

The black key is just bizarre. I don't remember that, but, then again, I'm not much of a Sixers fan. I love that the CoreStates Center still lives somewhere, even if it is in a video game.

I'm pretty sure the real court had the black extend to the top of the jump ball circle above the key. I'm not a fan of the "SIXERS" in the corners of the baseline, as I liked it better right beyond the key like they did in future seasons.

I think the black looked great on that court. Actually, I like that doctored video game court better than the real one. If done today, I guess I'd like to see a solid blue key with red baselines like in the Spectrum days, but the stars looked great around the old logo like that.

EDIT: that's not even close to the Corestates center. For one ,the Corestates logo is all wrong. For another, the seats aren't even that color - more like a maroon.

I'm not sure why this court is so hard to find a real picture or good graphic of. I simply can't find one.

I Couldn't find a pic either but I found a video.

http://youtu.be/Kc-NGR_Y-Uo

A few more pics of the Cats new court taken from random Instagram searches:

w2elv7.jpg

b8s8wz.jpg

25spi50.jpg

That light blue looks different in nearly every picture I've seen so far.

I still hate it.

One other thing worth mentioning, the color of the seats has not changed since the arena opened in their second season. It was supposed to mimic that original purple/blue/navy mess they had going on for a while that they ended up changing to two separate shades and now finally to a more simple navy. There are three shades of blue on splattered everywhere. Just awesome...

A few more pics of the Cats new court taken from random Instagram searches:

25spi50.jpg

That looks like what they can expect for average attendance.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I Couldn't find a pic either but I found a video.

http://youtu.be/Kc-NGR_Y-Uo

Awesome - nice find.

I think that court looks good. Fact: Shawn Kemp managed to impregnate 3 women in between those two dunks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived