Conrad.

2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Lakers secondary is now on the court...

b20e120c14c911e28fa722000a1fbcea_7.jpg

That looks like a practice court to me.

I'm sure it is, it definitely isn't the Staples Center.

You can barely see the championship stars, plus I'm pretty sure their practice court doesn't include advertisement boards like Staples does ...

I believe the team prefers its blues more. At their request, we usually avoid using a lot of orange when we design for them.

That's definitely true. I did a design internship with the Thunder two years ago. The lighter blue was always the predominant color. Navy was used wherever black would normally be used, and yellow/orange were restricted to accents.

Orange has risen in popularity with the fan base over the last season so it's a little surprising that they didn't embrace that trend. Hell, I showed them my concepts for an orange alt with "OKC" across the chest which I still think would have been the best option.

Lakers secondary is now on the court...

b20e120c14c911e28fa722000a1fbcea_7.jpg

That secondary logo is infinitely nicer and cleaner, and up to date. Why can't they make a version of the primary logo based on that one?

Their current primary has been out of date for the last 10 years...

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

I believe the team prefers its blues more. At their request, we usually avoid using a lot of orange when we design for them.

That's definitely true. I did a design internship with the Thunder two years ago. The lighter blue was always the predominant color. Navy was used wherever black would normally be used, and yellow/orange were restricted to accents.

Orange has risen in popularity with the fan base over the last season so it's a little surprising that they didn't embrace that trend. Hell, I showed them my concepts for an orange alt with "OKC" across the chest which I still think would have been the best option.

Only problem with that is the combination of city abbreviation and orange is too similar to PHX's alt, even if its gone after this season. Agreed they should've used the orange, though. Fits with the trend of bright colors without going with the overdone yellow.

New picture of the Lakers court.

A5DokZaCMAEFukG.jpg

I was at the Suns home game last night, and the team seems to be having an identity crisis with their logo too. Some of the graphics and videos shown on the jumbo-tron had the updated logo, while others were still using the 2000-2012 version.

It's still the preseason, so maybe they'll get it fixed by the regular season, but it doesn't seem like it should be so hard to update the videos and graphics. After all, they did refurbish and paint a brand new court. Compared to that, updating jumbo-tron graphics seems like a piece of cake.

Their team store didn't have a single item with the new logo, although I was impressed that they had jerseys for all their new players. That's when I noticed that they're still using the old logo on the backs of the jerseys. Sure enough, the players on the court had the old logo on their backs too. As a Suns fan, I've never been a fan of the new ownership and front office, and this brand schizophrenia is yet another thing that wouldn't have happened under Jerry Colangelo's watch.

I'd like to see the Knicks lose the logo on the shorts in favor of bringing back the interlocking NY (Yankees style)

I agree, but I don't think the Yankees will ever let that happen.

I've decided I like the stars. It has a Hollywood feel as well as kind of an old-time NBA kitsch feel. It's definitely something I could've seen them doing at the Fabulous Forum. Too bad they're moving in the opposite direction at the same time with the modern L logo (one which I feel is redundant and ugly) and the inelegant unflanked keys.

They should have just applied this new center court logo to the old floor and maybe even gone with plain yellow baselines.

New picture of the Lakers court.

A5DokZaCMAEFukG.jpg

And, yes, those are stars around the center court logo, representing all the championships.

Here's a time lapse video of them laying it down: http://www.nba.com/l...court_timelapse

Do they symbolically have representatives from the Bucks, Cavaliers, Grizzlies, and Magic handing them the nicely gift-wrapped stars?

Do they symbolically have representatives from the Bucks, Cavaliers, Grizzlies, and Magic handing them the nicely gift-wrapped stars?

181357.gif

I am sure there will be better pics to emerge, but here are the Brooklyn Nets in action.

20121013__BKNNets76ers~1_GALLERY.jpg

It's almost....TOO simple. It needs just ONE more element of some kind to give it some distinction. I can't put my finger on it. These look like the bastard child of the spurs and trail blazers.

The game wasn't televised, but the road set looks great in these shots.

nets-sixers-pre-101312-002_0.jpg

nets-sixers-pre-101312-003_0.jpg

n4cnsy.jpg

I like these; the simple Black/White seems to fit Brooklyn. I'd like to find a way to put some yellow and/or darker gray (not silver) in there (Black/Yellow would also be unique to the NBA), but I can see these lasting quite a while.