2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost....TOO simple. It needs just ONE more element of some kind to give it some distinction. I can't put my finger on it. These look like the bastard child of the spurs and trail blazers.

White black white waistband.

You have my attention.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is the logo on the shorts different for Lopez and Wallace?

Good eye! Looks like Lopez has the logo with the thicker "Nets" whilst Wallace has the thin version. Would thought they'd have sorted that out by the time they played a game...

Re the TBC Thunder alternates, I don't actually mind the simple navy / white colour scheme... for me it's more the Royals vertical wordmark template that's a complete disconnect with their branding to date (however flawed that branding might be).

Here's a quick mockup maintaining the two-tone simplicity, but with a modern wordmark (pulled from their logo) to better suit the team's identity:

OKCThunder_AltUni_F_zps8460b102.jpg

It's almost....TOO simple. It needs just ONE more element of some kind to give it some distinction. I can't put my finger on it. These look like the bastard child of the spurs and trail blazers.

What about putting the number inside of the shield?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I've decided I like the stars. It has a Hollywood feel as well as kind of an old-time NBA kitsch feel. It's definitely something I could've seen them doing at the Fabulous Forum. Too bad they're moving in the opposite direction at the same time with the modern L logo (one which I feel is redundant and ugly) and the inelegant unflanked keys.

They should have just applied this new center court logo to the old floor and maybe even gone with plain yellow baselines.

It's not every day you hear non-functional visual clutter described as 'elegant.' :P

What about putting the number inside of the shield?

It gets suggested nearly every day, but I think that instantly makes the uniform look gimmicky and cute, and it dosn't fit their identity.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The game wasn't televised, but the road set looks great in these shots.

nets-sixers-pre-101312-002_0.jpg

nets-sixers-pre-101312-003_0.jpg

n4cnsy.jpg

I like these; the simple Black/White seems to fit Brooklyn. I'd like to find a way to put some yellow and/or darker gray (not silver) in there (Black/Yellow would also be unique to the NBA), but I can see these lasting quite a while.

I like the Net's uniform because it's bold and simple at the same time. During an era of sports uniforms that are flashy and gimmicky, the Nets produced a modern classic.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

This might make sense, but I still feel like a whacko for saying it. With their new uniforms, which actually look quite good so far, when there is an errant color in the get-up I find myself ticked off. Wallace's blue knee pad, and the silver on Humphries' shoes just sticks out like never before. Trust me, I've always been a fan of one Thunder player wearing navy shoes, one wearing white, one wearing orange, and whatever. It's a personal touch to a cohesive uniform, but if everything on Nets players isn't JUST black & white, then what are we doing here?

It's not every day you hear non-functional visual clutter described as 'elegant.' :P

Oh, sure it is. Plenty of things described as "elegant" are not perfectly utilitarian.

I like the extra lines. I'm not sorry. That's just how NBA courts look to me. Without them, the keys just look like big splotches. It's a bad look.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

New picture of the Lakers court.

A5DokZaCMAEFukG.jpg

It's about damn time they fixed the baselines. Glad to see the real "Lakers" script and the removal of the purple box. Stars look nice as well. Very Hollywood.

I just realized that the alternate logo ruins the whole thing. It makes it look to busy.

New picture of the Lakers court.

A5DokZaCMAEFukG.jpg

It's about damn time they fixed the baselines. Glad to see the real "Lakers" script and the removal of the purple box. Stars look nice as well. Very Hollywood.

I just realized that the alternate logo ruins the whole thing. It makes it look to busy.

Yeah that's what is bothering me. Could've been near perfect.

Oh, sure it is. Plenty of things described as "elegant" are not perfectly utilitarian.

I like the extra lines. I'm not sorry. That's just how NBA courts look to me. Without them, the keys just look like big splotches. It's a bad look.

I agree. It's also a possible way to add a third color into the court.

With the Nets, it feels like the number/nameplate font feel out of place, despite matching the Brooklyn on the front.

The numbers are in the Nets font, the NOBs are in Haettenschweiler like the Pistons, Raptors, Lakers, etc.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived