2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sixers are playing their first home preseason game tonight. The floor is unchanged from last season, save for the addition of 50 Seasons logos in between the 3-point line and the paint in the bottom left and top right corners of the playing surface.

Who knows what the screen grab painting a Spectrum-ish pattern was all about?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The wood stain and the purple look lighter in that picture than they did in the instagrammed shot (surprise of surprises). This is much more agreeable, though I cannot sign off on the pointless L logo and "functional" key.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It looks terrible. It's stupid in the first place to make a logo with the letter representing the team name rather than the city. It's unnecessary and a complete afterthought added to the identity some 50 years after it was started. It is fine for a fashion cap, but is bad as an alternate. It's even worse on the court, particularly considering that it's lopsided.

As for me, I think the only part of the court which doesn't suck is the stars around the logo. The "new" lane sucks, the lavendar sucks and the light wood stain sucks.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't see how it adds anything to the Lakers' well-established identity. They have classic uniforms, a distinctive arena, a well-known (albeit clunkily designed) logo. What does adding an L really add to the package? Take it away, and I wouldn't say they needed a secondary on their uniforms or court. It's just superfluous to me.

Overall I like the Nets new uniforms. The only thing I would do is put nets on the home jerseys and I would have had some form of a net in the logo.

As for the colors your fine there is still plenty you can do with black and white like have the 3rd jersey in modern cursive script or try the black on black or white on white with black outlines ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I don't see how it adds anything to the Lakers' well-established identity. They have classic uniforms, a distinctive arena, a well-known (albeit clunkily designed) logo. What does adding an L really add to the package? Take it away, and I wouldn't say they needed a secondary on their uniforms or court. It's just superfluous to me.

What if it was 'L.A.' (a la, Dodgers)? Would it be better then?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I think the Lakers alternate logo is fine for using as their TV graphic and stuff like that, but it has no business being on their uniforms or even the court. Even though the court design is new it has a classic feel to it and throwing an alternate logo on inside the 3-point line takes away form that. Oh, and I miss how the purple from the lane extended into the out of bounds paint.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Not really. Why can't the Lakers just have their primary and their script?

That would be fine, but why not at least UPDATE the current logo?

No major changes, just a slight modernization like the alternate 'L' only full Lakers script.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Ads on uniforms dead...for now.

A little birdie tells me that the uni advertising plan is currently dead. DEAD! Why? I wish I could say it’s because of the #NoUniAds movement. That would be ideal, but it’s not the case. The real reason, however, has a delicious undercurrent of poetic justice: According to the little birdie, the uni advertising program is dead — DEAD! — because the owners couldn’t agree on how to how to share the profits.

From uni-watch

Awesome. It'll be back, though, surely.

A little birdie tells me that the uni advertising plan is currently dead. DEAD! Why? I wish I could say it’s because of the #NoUniAds movement. That would be ideal, but it’s not the case. The real reason, however, has a delicious undercurrent of poetic justice: According to the little birdie, the uni advertising program is dead — DEAD! — because the owners couldn’t agree on how to how to share the profits.

From uni-watch

Put ads on the court instead.

Ooh, putting the years in the stars is a detail too far. The symbolism of the however-many stars would have been just fine. No one's going to be able to read those numbers.

From uni-watch

Put ads on the court instead.

Agreed. Been saying since it was first mentioned that I'd rather have ads on the court, the ball, the coaches, whatever. Just not on the uniforms.

The game wasn't televised, but the road set looks great in these shots.

nets-sixers-pre-101312-003_0.jpg

Where was that game played? Look at that ceiling!

It looks like Caesar's Palace in Atlantic City ...based solely on the font in the background

EDIT: Looked it up...I was correct.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived