Conrad.

2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Oddly, the catalog has the Suns listed as "TBD," but their ugly Winter Court uniforms are based off their current set.

So...the Miami black on black jerseys were barely tolerable - so they decide to template out a copy for every team?

The NBA is breaking new grounds in terrible. Combine the overkill of multiple alternates. But make them all templates, to remove the possibility of interesting and creative alternates. (We'll be begging for CavFanatic jerseys instead of these!)

Reminds me of how the tradition of great creative warmup jackets has been replaced by adidas templates. And soon we'll be able to slap ads on them; and to top it off we can revisit the NBA's dark ages of the 90s (both in quality of uniforms and competitions - teams in pastel pajamas watch the refs hand a title to Jordan every year. Now they can wear throwbacks while they hand titles to LeBron!)

Love it!

NBA2013.png

I really hope they release these throwbacks with classic players, and not current players. I hate the quality of swingmans, but if all of those drop - I'll be getting the Pacers, Bucks (maybe), Sixers (maybe), Hawks, Heat, Rockets and Jazz :S

Very happy that the Pistons aren't involved in this 90s thing. Those things were atrocious.

Love it!

NBA2013.png

HELL YES! I'll be buying a Heat and Bucks jersey. I already have a white Hardwood Classic of Glen Rice. Maybe they'll do a red one of Alonzo Mourning or Tim Hardaway.

Being a rockets fan I never understood for one why the heck would you change your unis after back to back championships and also why we're the white lines on the pajamas never straight?! I have never found the answer and to see them on these as well I'm guessing it was always supposed to be there but does anyone know why?

The strangest thing out of all of this is that Pistons and Blazers seem to have ditched their alternates and have something else in place according to that Adidas presser thing.

I don't think every team is gonna wear those Winter Court jerseys, if at all. I love that all white Lakers though...

Raptors will be in white, not purple. (As per the mothership)

Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.45--590x327.png

nbaunis3-590x334.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.59--590x330.png

NoFloJo = FAIL.

Raptors will be in white, not purple. (As per the mothership)

Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.45--590x327.png

nbaunis3-590x334.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.59--590x330.png

Wow.... SO copping the Rockets, Bucks, and Jazz throwbacks.

"Mothership" refers to the main site. Sportslogos.net

Don't know if that was directed at me, but if it was, I got the info from here.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/07/24/nba-ready-to-take-us-all-back-to-the-90s/

perusing those PDFs from that website, i came across these t-shirt graphics marked as "alternate jersey logo":

denvserd_2012.png

oklaserd_2012.png

when i have some more time, i might do some mock-ups...

denvserd_2012.png

Yesssss! If we can't have the red/navy/gold color scheme back, I'll take this all day as a consolation prize.

denvserd_2012.png

Yesssss! If we can't have the red/navy/gold color scheme back, I'll take this all day as a consolation prize.

Now that's a cool fauxback logo (Old logo with team colors).

Man, those Sixers uniforms sucked balls, but the home's weren't quite as ugly as the roads (better balance of blue and red against the white background.)

If they sell replicas of that, they better have the waterfall. The Champion replicas that they sold at the time just had stars, no blue waterfall.

Of course I don't think that it's even been confirmed anywhere that they're participating, and even if so, that they're even wearing that. The blog that was quoted even said that it's just speculation.

perusing those PDFs from that website, i came across these t-shirt graphics marked as "alternate jersey logo":

denvserd_2012.png

oklaserd_2012.png

when i have some more time, i might do some mock-ups...

So does that mean we'll see both of these on the front of uniforms? The Thunder will have a vertical wordmark?? :wacko:

Don't know if that was directed at me, but if it was, I got the info from here.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/07/24/nba-ready-to-take-us-all-back-to-the-90s/

It was in response to Windmill30 who asked what the term "mothership" referred to before he edited his post.