2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...the Miami black on black jerseys were barely tolerable - so they decide to template out a copy for every team?

The NBA is breaking new grounds in terrible. Combine the overkill of multiple alternates. But make them all templates, to remove the possibility of interesting and creative alternates. (We'll be begging for CavFanatic jerseys instead of these!)

Reminds me of how the tradition of great creative warmup jackets has been replaced by adidas templates. And soon we'll be able to slap ads on them; and to top it off we can revisit the NBA's dark ages of the 90s (both in quality of uniforms and competitions - teams in pastel pajamas watch the refs hand a title to Jordan every year. Now they can wear throwbacks while they hand titles to LeBron!)

Love it!

NBA2013.png

HELL YES! I'll be buying a Heat and Bucks jersey. I already have a white Hardwood Classic of Glen Rice. Maybe they'll do a red one of Alonzo Mourning or Tim Hardaway.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Being a rockets fan I never understood for one why the heck would you change your unis after back to back championships and also why we're the white lines on the pajamas never straight?! I have never found the answer and to see them on these as well I'm guessing it was always supposed to be there but does anyone know why?

The strangest thing out of all of this is that Pistons and Blazers seem to have ditched their alternates and have something else in place according to that Adidas presser thing.

I don't think every team is gonna wear those Winter Court jerseys, if at all. I love that all white Lakers though...

bSLCtu2.png

Raptors will be in white, not purple. (As per the mothership)

Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.45--590x327.png

nbaunis3-590x334.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-07-24-at-07.51.59--590x330.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

NoFloJo = FAIL.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

"Mothership" refers to the main site. Sportslogos.net

Don't know if that was directed at me, but if it was, I got the info from here.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/07/24/nba-ready-to-take-us-all-back-to-the-90s/

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Man, those Sixers uniforms sucked balls, but the home's weren't quite as ugly as the roads (better balance of blue and red against the white background.)

If they sell replicas of that, they better have the waterfall. The Champion replicas that they sold at the time just had stars, no blue waterfall.

Of course I don't think that it's even been confirmed anywhere that they're participating, and even if so, that they're even wearing that. The blog that was quoted even said that it's just speculation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Mothership" refers to the main site. Sportslogos.net

Don't know if that was directed at me, but if it was, I got the info from here.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/07/24/nba-ready-to-take-us-all-back-to-the-90s/

It was in response to Windmill30 who asked what the term "mothership" referred to before he edited his post.

Archived