2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

I never thought I'd see "dominant" and "the bobcats" come up in the same thread before.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on the rockets ever going ketchup and mustard again?! The stros seem to be going back to the good ole days with orange and navy and ever since the rockets went from their classic red and yellow they haven't sniffed the finals. Hopefully the alt they brought out a couple years back ends up being the template for a rebrand. The logo isn't bad but throw the old school basketball logo behind it as it looked in the anniversary logo with some red and yellow and I think you have a winner.

Amazingly, it's worse than their previous courts. Bland as hell, with the garish too-light stain. Also, the C at center court no long fits their identity. Not only is it too big, but in that context (by itself) it doesn't even look like a C. It just looks like a random swoosh design you would find on some corporate letterhead.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Well that doesn't match the jerseys at all. If they want to emphasis that C as a secondary logo then put it in a gold circle or something so it actually looks like a secondary logo. Right now it just reminds me of Lebron era jerseys.

Yeah, that not only looks bad but it doesn't fit with their current identity. They've done everything right with the uniforms, but haven't gotten the court right since the redesign. I know that's partly due to the NBA's policy on new logos, but every other team that's kept around their old logo has done just fine putting their "secondary" logo on the court.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Cavaliers new court. Downgrade. I thought we were slowly moving away from the aggressive script and "C" logos...

A5-TT0ACUAEakES.jpg

Why the Cavs needed to change the court again is beyond my understanding. The previous court was fine as it was. They only needed to update the key (remove the college lines). This one is horrendous, the C at center court is far too big and different stain 3-point areas looked more interesting.

Cavs_Court_2011.jpg

They already had removed the lines. Change for change sake, and in the wrong direction. Why keep changing it every year? Its absurd, and I thought they were going away from the hideous C. As has been stated ad nauseum, it doesn't fit their improved identity. Oh, Gilbert.

Can I make a "he should've used comic sans" joke?

Well that doesn't match the jerseys at all. If they want to emphasis that C as a secondary logo then put it in a gold circle or something so it actually looks like a secondary logo. Right now it just reminds me of Lebron era jerseys.

That C is used three different times on the uni and is part of the official logo. Both sides of the shorts and back of jesery above name. To me its an upgrade. The crossed swords were never used anywhere else, so it seemed out of place.

When approximately NBA media site will be updated? I am new to that section and I thought they were going to update sooner.

No idea but they've been notoriously inaccurate. Last year, especially. There were several alternates and other various things that were not included. Really the only best way is to be one of those big-wigs who gets everything months ahead of time...

Cavaliers new court. Downgrade. I thought we were slowly moving away from the aggressive script and "C" logos...

A5-TT0ACUAEakES.jpg

Yea, don't understand what they're doing with this "C". It doesn't fit in with any of their current brand identity.

And let's face it: the script from the Lebron-era look was far superior.

Agreed. That was a mean look for Cleveland.

Archived