2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Sixers are wearing their new blue unis tonight at home. They look sharp. Nice alternate to the usual bright red roadies.

I posted the backs of them a few pages ago, but here's the fronts:

14429_10151525421832516_1686431147_n.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warriors-Suns all-color matchup looks great.

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhMaHR0cDovL2Rpc3RpbGxlcnlpbWFnZTIuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS9mMTBmN2VmYTIzYzkxMWUyYmVkOTEyMzEzODFmMjg3OF83LmpwZxQCFgASAA&s=bP9HDg2pECDFFEii2_b9pbR-0yhbjIqctKHl7e3bFjg

It looks like the NBA is finally getting lax on their "One team must wear white unless grandfathered in" rule.* Smart move, I say--at least in the case of light-colored alternates, like the Suns' orange or the Nuggets' yellow alts. BTW, this game looks aesthetically awesome, even in low resolution.

*I'm not sure, but aren't there 2-3 times a year when you often see Color-Vs-Color matchups? I want to say that some teams have done it around Christmas (at least the Sonics and Blazers did it once when the Sonics were around--Red vs. Green), Martin Luther King Jr. Day (at least for the last couple years), and possibly one more (Notche Latina?).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

That rule is for primary jerseys only. They've always been pretty loose on letting teams wear they alternates for color on color matchups. Expect to see the Nuggets, Cavs, and Warriors alts worn at home most, if not all, of the time.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

lakers wore gold on the road today

i love when they wear black shoes with those unis

483120119005_Lakers_at_Heat-415x276.jpg

i wish they did it full time.

other teams like orlando, sacramento, san antonio, chicago, miami, portland would look good again too

like the 90's, even further back

those teams i mentioned that wear white at home going back to wearing white socks with black shoes would be cool to me.

i just want more black shoes at home

haha maybe its just me

Sixers are wearing their new blue unis tonight at home. They look sharp. Nice alternate to the usual bright red roadies.

I posted the backs of them a few pages ago, but here's the fronts:

14429_10151525421832516_1686431147_n.jpg

I HATE the shape of the collar on this jersey. So feminine looking.

They missed a great opportunity...

Add stars up the sides & "PHILA" wordmark, and this would be the best uniform in the league...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

As a Sixers fan, the current uniforms drive me insane. They're so close to being good but need tweaks. I know there are fans of the single color lettering and numbering on these boards, but I'd put a contrast color outline on the letters & numbers, put PHILA on the blue jerseys, and maybe change the collar to a regular v-neck (the way the striping of the collar doesn't extend all the way around the neck seems cheap and ugly).

I also think the Sixers need a secondary logo. I was at the game last night, and there are some pieces of merchandise or uses of the current circle logo or the hideous ball in rectangle logo that look very poor.

That rule is for primary jerseys only. They've always been pretty loose on letting teams wear they alternates for color on color matchups. Expect to see the Nuggets, Cavs, and Warriors alts worn at home most, if not all, of the time.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's a recent development because I remember specific instances of teams wearing white on the road when Phoenix wore those terrible orange alts or even as far back as the yellow pinstriped Pacers set. I think color-on-color matchups are terrible and amateurish. It doesn't matter if there is enough contrast between the teams' colors, it doesn't look good. The Bulls look far better wearing their home jerseys against a team in black, even if black and red are distincively different. It's just more visually appealing to have one team in a white jersey.

Anyway, I think that only yellow and the Spurs' silver are light enough to be worn as a home jersey. Orange does not work in that case. Also, home teams should be forced to wear a white/yellow/gray jersey and road teams should never wear white. The "we just want our fans to see our road jersey so they buy it" is BS in thie day and age, when every game is televised and fans could see any jersey from a Google image search. It shouldn't anything like soccer with "clash kits" or anything dumb like that. You have a home jersey - wear it at home.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's a recent development because I remember specific instances of teams wearing white on the road when Phoenix wore those terrible orange alts or even as far back as the yellow pinstriped Pacers set. I think color-on-color matchups are terrible and amateurish. It doesn't matter if there is enough contrast between the teams' colors, it doesn't look good. The Bulls look far better wearing their home jerseys against a team in black, even if black and red are distincively different. It's just more visually appealing to have one team in a white jersey.

Anyway, I think that only yellow and the Spurs' silver are light enough to be worn as a home jersey. Orange does not work in that case. Also, home teams should be forced to wear a white/yellow/gray jersey and road teams should never wear white. The "we just want our fans to see our road jersey so they buy it" is BS in thie day and age, when every game is televised and fans could see any jersey from a Google image search. It shouldn't anything like soccer with "clash kits" or anything dumb like that. You have a home jersey - wear it at home.

Totally disagree -- not every color-on-color matchup works, but some look great. Orange vs cool colors, yellow vs black or navy, red vs blue, powder blue vs a dark color... all great looks. Not every game needs to have it, but it's a nice break from having white jerseys in every single game.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

As a Sixers fan, the current uniforms drive me insane. They're so close to being good but need tweaks. I know there are fans of the single color lettering and numbering on these boards, but I'd put a contrast color outline on the letters & numbers, put PHILA on the blue jerseys, and maybe change the collar to a regular v-neck (the way the striping of the collar doesn't extend all the way around the neck seems cheap and ugly).

I also think the Sixers need a secondary logo. I was at the game last night, and there are some pieces of merchandise or uses of the current circle logo or the hideous ball in rectangle logo that look very poor.

Did this ages ago, but i think it somewhat resembles what you are talking about:

76logosheet3.png

philhome09.png

philaway09.png

Here is just a quick little mockup of some trim to the sixers front, I already think its does a lot more for the set.

302z4ef.jpg

The red numbers on the blue jersey reminds me of the Pistons too much. Maybe if you swapped the red and the white it would work. As for the Suns I never understood why they put grey side panels on the orange jersey. If they used purple rather than grey and replaced PHX with the new Suns wordmark it would look terrific.

Warriors and Suns color vs color also. Blue vs Orange. Also think Warriors might break out the new yellow alt for the home opener Friday.

I think the Warriors' are unveiling later in the year.

To be honest, the switch to Rev30 really screwed up the Sixers' uniforms. The original collars worked best because they matched the side panels.

iverson_allen4-291x300.jpg

Then Adidas got lazy with the new template and forced everyone into the same 4 collar designs.

It's not an issue of anyone being lazy. There are limitations when you're dealing with large-scale manufacturing. The only way to get exactly what you want is to get it custom made and pay a lot for it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

other teams like orlando, sacramento, san antonio, chicago, miami, portland would look good again too

like the 90's, even further back

those teams i mentioned that wear white at home going back to wearing white socks with black shoes would be cool to me.

i just want more black shoes at home

haha maybe its just me

Strongly disagree. I lost my mind calling for the Heat to stop the black shoe/white sock look, especially at home (finally did in 09/10, and then black socks on the road the next season). Looks goofy and way too 90's. It is starting to become cool again though, if not only as a hip way to revert against the current trend.

Would like to see the Heat wear black socks with white shoes in their reds though. During the 05 season they always wore white shoes/socks with the reds, and that was sweet.

Archived