2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked them. The blue waistband gave nice contrast I didn't miss the side panels. Don't like the new wordmark on the front as much though...

The white jerseys above look like they are do it yourself (DIY) jerseys, made of wife beaters and blue/orange twill.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I for sure thought the Thunder would be breaking out their alternate tonight for the home opener. Perhaps this Sunday, where this alt could be a Sunday home jersey? Just speculation. Does anybody have an idea on when the Thunder will be breaking out this bad boy? I've been looking forward to a third jersey for us for over 2 years now.

I think the Knicks should just pick a lane between gray and white because having both on the jersey is just not working out for me. Personally I would ditch the gray but having it would be better than having both colors on at the same time. Also the waistbands need some sort of design on it because it just looks too plain (I would just scrap the colored waistbands all together).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The Knicks' new jersey is growing on me, but I still think they need some side paneling, at least on the shorts. And they gotta add in some more striping on the waistband. Essentially, they should've just used the template from the "classic" unis.

I do not like seeing the Toronto black jerseys on the Barclay's floor. I like it when the road team tries to differentiate themselves from the home team as much as possible.

Also this reminds me of how much of an eyesore a Nets-Spurs game is going to be.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I love all the color-on-color matchups to start the year. The Clippers' blue unis looked amazing, especially against the Laker yellows. Clippers/Lakers games should always be color-on-color.

The Pacers and Kings were color vs. color tonight as well. The Pacers should wear gold at home. Period.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I love all the color-on-color matchups to start the year. The Clippers' blue unis looked amazing, especially against the Laker yellows. Clippers/Lakers games should always be color-on-color.

The Pacers and Kings were color vs. color tonight as well. The Pacers should wear gold at home. Period.

It is a pretty good look, but I think they would look too much like the Lakers if they wore gold at home.

I'm also enjoying all of the color vs. color matchups. I hope the NBA is allowing the other teams who wear gold the opportunity to wear it at home as much as they want, just like the Lakers. And I'm not sure the Spurs can pull off the gray vs. a team in white, but I guess I'd have to see it. I didn't think it looked too bad. The design is one thing, but I think the color looked nice.

Ok, just to clarify again, nobody can wear any color other than white at home as a primary (probably a certain percentage of games or something) other than the Lakers because they grandathered in as they were wearing yellow as primaries at the time of the rule.

So can we please stop with the "they should wear that color at home full-time"? They can't.

Haha, thank you McCall. Its brought up again every page.

We're starting to see just about every team play at least a handful of home games in a color jersey, with certain ones being able to use a shade that works against opposing team's road jerseys. Hornets and Pacers had already worn their yellow as a homer at times last season vs. other colors, but per rules, they can't make it their primary home.

With that said, I wonder if when Adam Silver takes over he might change that. That rule was made a long time ago, and fashion-wise, we're in a very colorful period. Green is the most important color ($), and I'm sure the owners would look at teams wearing light-colored unis as home primaries as a possible monetarily beneficial endeavor. Personally, I wouldn't love it. I've always loved that the NBA had teams wearing white at home. Creates a sense of purity or a good guy element. I think keeping it to select games would push the jerseys just as well, and things might get a little too crazy with non-stop color v. color matchups.

Even if teams are allowed to wear coloured home unis, I can't see too many teams adopting it full-time - maybe the Warriors & Pacers, possibly the Hornets and Cavs... Compared to the late 70s/early 80s, when more than a quarter of the league wore non-white home unis, I think that'd be alright.

Ok, just to clarify again, nobody can wear any color other than white at home as a primary (probably a certain percentage of games or something) other than the Lakers because they grandathered in as they were wearing yellow as primaries at the time of the rule.

So can we please stop with the "they should wear that color at home full-time"? They can't.

Which is why I said I hope the NBA relaxes (or has relaxed) that rule. Having the Lakers as the only one allowed seems silly. And I, for one, never said full-time. Not even the Lakers are full-time anymore. But having what we've seen this week happen a little more often isn't going to hurt any more than Christmas jerseys, multiple throwbacks and invented fanatic jerseys.

I do not like seeing the Toronto black jerseys on the Barclay's floor. I like it when the road team tries to differentiate themselves from the home team as much as possible.

Also this reminds me of how much of an eyesore a Nets-Spurs game is going to be.

I wonder if Toronto was trying to get back at the Nets. A few years back, the Raptors and Nets played in Toronto and they tried to have a "red-out." Then the Nets showed up in their alternate red jerseys.

Archived