2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Ok, just to clarify again, nobody can wear any color other than white at home as a primary (probably a certain percentage of games or something) other than the Lakers because they grandathered in as they were wearing yellow as primaries at the time of the rule.

So can we please stop with the "they should wear that color at home full-time"? They can't.

Which is why I said I hope the NBA relaxes (or has relaxed) that rule. Having the Lakers as the only one allowed seems silly. And I, for one, never said full-time. Not even the Lakers are full-time anymore. But having what we've seen this week happen a little more often isn't going to hurt any more than Christmas jerseys, multiple throwbacks and invented fanatic jerseys.

To me it's a travesty that yellow is counted as a dark/color/roard jersey. A number of teams besides the Lakers have a long tradition of using yellow at home; Cavaliers and Warriors at least. I guess it's a coincidence that the rules were changed while the Lakers were the only team doing it (if it were a more meaningful thing I'd cite it as more of the league's special treatment of the Lakers.) But regardless Yellow vs white is a very poor contrast and looks terrible to me - I think yellow should be confined to HOME.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings hosting Warriors right now. Kings in their black jerseys. Warriors in their blue jerseys. Oh my

I haven't seen any pictures, but I imagine it's bad. Not Illinois/Wisconsin bad, but it can't be easy on the eyes. I'm going to guess that the Kings and Warriors didn't communicate well enough and the Warriors were thinking that the Kings would be in white tonight.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is it the arena lighting, my TV, or me going crazy, but are the Warriors' uniforms not all that different in color from the purple on the court?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I guess it's a coincidence that the rules were changed while the Lakers were the only team doing it (if it were a more meaningful thing I'd cite it as more of the league's special treatment of the Lakers.) But regardless Yellow vs white is a very poor contrast and looks terrible to me - I think yellow should be confined to HOME.

Well, technically both the Warriors and Pacers were using yellow home jerseys at the time of the rule change - in fact, the Warriors had been wearing yellow at home for as long as the Lakers, both teams switching for the '66-'67 season...

Can teams playing the Nets stop wearing their black alts? You are the away team. Represent your team's true colors and stop trying to blend into the other team's court.

I would have much rather seen the Raptors and T-Wolves in their actual road jerseys and have an actual contrast with the Nets.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I do not like seeing the Toronto black jerseys on the Barclay's floor. I like it when the road team tries to differentiate themselves from the home team as much as possible.

Also this reminds me of how much of an eyesore a Nets-Spurs game is going to be.

I wonder if Toronto was trying to get back at the Nets. A few years back, the Raptors and Nets played in Toronto and they tried to have a "red-out." Then the Nets showed up in their alternate red jerseys.

First thing I thought of too; the Nets did that in 2007.

The black isn't bad, but the Raptors look better in red.

I do not like seeing the Toronto black jerseys on the Barclay's floor. I like it when the road team tries to differentiate themselves from the home team as much as possible.

Also this reminds me of how much of an eyesore a Nets-Spurs game is going to be.

I wonder if Toronto was trying to get back at the Nets. A few years back, the Raptors and Nets played in Toronto and they tried to have a "red-out." Then the Nets showed up in their alternate red jerseys.

First thing I thought of too; the Nets did that in 2007.

The black isn't bad, but the Raptors look better in red.

Agree with you on the Raptors.

However why did the T-Wolves wear their black alts?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Overcompensating for recent allegations.

POTD

I would second, but it's election day in the US and we have two threads dedicated to it. Lots of potential for something better by tonight.

we'll see, but i think it has potential for POTD

spacer.png

Miami Heat uniform with the 25th season patch

miami-heat-v-york-knicks-20121102-183618-072.jpg

I think it was covered briefly, but 'Miami' on the black jersey is a new thing, correct? I think it would be cool to put the little flame flourish on the end like they do on 'Heat,' but it still looks great. Nice move.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived