2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what? I like them. They're very clean and bold. Everyone couldn't stop saying how "cluttered" the Thunder's identity was. Now when they've taken steps to simplify it it's "atrocious."

Hopefully Oklahoma can "own" the blue and white look in the NBA.

The Thunders' logos are surely among the worst in sports, but there is nothing at all wrong with the design of their regular uniforms. The "Oklahoma City" wordmark is bad on the road set, but that is it. The colors are fine. The template is great. Instead of fixing what was bad, these just went off in a completely different direction and completely dropped the team's primary color. That was not a good choice.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Sure, they missed an opportunity to utilize their bright accent colors, but if they went your route and did an expected orange uniform, wouldn't they have missed an opportunity to do something off-the wall, given that the alternate is your only opportunity as a team to depart from your identity in the first place?

I actually like using different templates for alts, and think just an orange version of the standard set would be boring. I just don't like this template nor the color scheme.

And the reason given was that "they couldnt make the numbers like that with the middle color with the new materials"......

**looks at wordmark**

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

And the reason given was that "they couldnt make the numbers like that with the middle color with the new materials"......

**looks at wordmark**

The wordmark lettering is not constructed in the same way as the numbers. The 'meat' of the numbers if you will is a mesh material, whereas the numbers are a solid fabric.

EDIT: Meant to say that the letters were a solid fabric.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

**looks at wordmark**

The wordmark lettering is not constructed in the same way as the numbers. The 'meat' of the numbers if you will is a mesh material, whereas the numbers are a solid fabric.

I was joking, I know the difference, but still, you would think they would found a way somehow. If I was a Grizzlies player I would draw the lines in manually lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

**looks at wordmark**

I was joking, I know the difference, but still, you would think they would found a way somehow. If I was a Grizzlies player I would draw the lines in manually lol.

And give the other team technical free throws for mismatching uniforms

Go A's!

Beat me to it. Here's a closer look at the mesh numbers:

NBA-Revolution-30-4.jpg

That exact picture demonstrates how lame Adidas' excuse was. If they could sublimate the Magic's pinstripes on mesh for the jerseys, why couldn't they do the same thing with the inlines on Memphis' numbers (or the bevels on Atlanta's numbers, for that matter)?

I don't like the Grizzlies' uniforms anyway, but they look ten times better with matching numbers.

1252607600-ai_jersey-300-1.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived