2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take with a grain of salt, but a comment from that blog post...

"Guys don’t worry, its not going to be the Pelicans. My source who works for the league office in NY and has confirmed that the Pelicans was one of 3 finalist but wasn’t the winner. The two other finalist were Voodoo and Krewe."

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

I actually don't hate those recolored logos a few posts up, and I love the Pelicans name.

The current color scheme is ideal, but I can live with the new one. Hoping for red and/or gold jerseys and no blue ones, though, and a minimum of white trim.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Not sure on how I like "Pelicans," but there are much worse choices. That said, something like "Breakers" or even "Bullfrogs" isn't bad (if done right), either, though "Breakers" would likely lead to yet another standard Blue NBA team.^ I'd also easily take up Red/Gold/Black* as opposed to Red/Gold/Navy.

*Atlanta's old colors, or metallic gold? Either way, they'd stand out. Whether it's the 1972-2007 Atlanta Hawks or the XFL's Las Vegas Outlaws, it stands out more than the Atlanta Hawks since 2007 or the 1990s Denver Nuggets.

^Yes, I know that the Hornets wear Creole Blue, but with yellow and purple as accent colors, their scheme is still one of or the most unique in the league. "Standard blue"=navy, royal, dual-blue.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

If nba teams went with the colors of their state flag, every team would have red or blue in their color scheme

True even for Charlotte (notice the hornet's nest in the seal btw) but it is a darker more purplish blue imo, almost like what you would get if you mixed the current Bobcats navy and light blue:

us-nccha.gif

CharlotteBobcats_SMK01a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

If the 'Cats are indeed interested in pursuing the change/transition back to Charlotte Hornets, how long before this will be complete? Surely it won't happen next season but is two seasons from now a realistic time table?

Well, the Nuggets wore their white uniforms, but it was still a great-looking game. Glad to see the green Jazz alts around:

201211262142781388709-p2.jpg

I don't know why the Jazz can't simply make the note all one color. The multicolor doesn't work when the values of the colors are so different.

Yea, there's that. I've never said that the Jazz's set--even the green alternates--are perfect by any means. I just happen to like the green alt the best...I hope that it becomes the full-time road uniform soon or at least gets equal use as the road navy jerseys. At first, I didn't like the absence of white on the side panels, but now I kind of wish that the "Jazz" Note logo/wordmark and note on the pants were primarily yellow--more like those 1982 throwbacks that they wore in 2009-10:

RackMultipart.14419.0_display_image.jpg?1263701327

Thus, their green alternates would be a modernization of sorts. On the other hand, it wouldn't have been a bad idea to have the team's color scheme be some other variation of Blue/Green/Yellow (i.e., Navy/Kelly Green/Yellow, Royal Blue/Dark Green/Yellow, etc.), or even some variation of Purple/Green/Yellow, maybe making green the primary color while having heavy doses of purple and yellow. I've been considering a concept like this for some time.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

2iqjv9u.jpg

I just did this using the current version of the NO Hornets primary (which I think should transfer to Charlotte if the move ever happens) and replaced the teal with the one used when the team was last in Charlotte. The orange of the basketball is the current orange in the 'Cats set and the purple/blue is the exact shade from the city flag. I took the chest script (needs some cleaning up) from this logo as well:

3097.gif

It would make sense considering the colors of New Orleans:

8fa79fdc3e557deb13299c2f42f98045c5a4b709_m.png

noh-recolor.png

:puke:

It's a moot point, considering the complete rebranding, but you should at least swap out the red and yellow so that the bee more closely resembles....a bee.

Still, I'm not excited about the color choices. I'm tired of all the red and blue in the league.

Thus, their green alternates would be a modernization of sorts. On the other hand, it wouldn't have been a bad idea to have the team's color scheme be some other variation of Blue/Green/Yellow (i.e., Navy/Kelly Green/Yellow, Royal Blue/Dark Green/Yellow, etc.), or even some variation of Purple/Green/Yellow, maybe making green the primary color while having heavy doses of purple and yellow. I've been considering a concept like this for some time.

As much as everyone here hates the Jazz's repeated color swaps I really hope they have one more left in them...bring back the purple in place of that god-forsaken blue. I like your idea of going green as the primary though to downplay the obvious New Orleans connotations

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

As much as everyone here hates the Jazz's repeatedly color swaps I really hope they have one more left in them...bring back the purple in place of that god-forsaken blue. I like your idea of going green as the primary though to downplay the obvious New Orleans connotations

I always forget it's blue. I don't see that much a difference.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived