2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the Heat last night and it was so frustrating. I couldn't tell which player was who without their numbers being visible. That so frustrating

I have to agree that its tough to make out the numbers especially when my tv is only 27 inches. Its going to be a big issue for those big color christmas day uniforms which are really ugly. The best one is the Lakers white which is probably why I really like these all white Heat unis.

657189_display_image.jpg?1300233869

andre-miller-andersenjpg-368a36c62250b22d.jpg

I think I like these. I know they have that "90's black" feel to them, but other than that, why did they abandon this look? The lettering/numbering were unique and the sky blue really bounces off of those uniforms. It's nice. Even their logo from that era was a fun evolution of their classic "CAVS" logo.

Lebron.

Color set wildly disconnected from team history. (Only slight connection to the orange/blue era.)

Still had the stink of the previous 1994-99 set - and the same horrendous primary logo.

I agree it's actually a pretty good look though.

Sort of random observation as we discuss color combos: I feel like the only semi-palatable, contrasting combo not used in the NBA is orange-green. Might conjure my 'Canes too much to pull off, though.

Would also like to see Seattle get a team again to bring back yellow-green.

Sort of random observation as we discuss color combos: I feel like the only semi-palatable, contrasting combo not used in the NBA is orange-green. Might conjure my 'Canes too much to pull off, though.

Would also like to see Seattle get a team again to bring back yellow-green.

I would also add both black-orange and black-yellow as great color schemes not used in the NBA currently. (Well, the Suns are likely headed to black and orange next year but will be dumping an equally solid purple-orange scheme.)

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

True, I kind of glossed over the black combos. Black and yellow, orange, or gold could look nice.

Was also seeing Memphis wearing their AIDS shooting shirts on the bench with their baby blue warm up pants, and thought that combo looked really nice. I know the ATL Dream wear it in the WNBA, but I think it could work in the NBA. Way too many darker shades of blue with red right now, but a powder/baby blue looks nice with red, and not too feminine in my opinion.

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Y! Sports story: New Orleans Hornets expected to change nickname to local favorite Pelicans, source tells Y! Sports. http://yhoo.it/11AbaMO

Pelicans it is.

Whoever told the person who posted earlier that they were informed Pelicans was eliminated must've been throwing them off the scent. I heard months ago Pelicans had been decided on.

And doesn't Benson already own the rights to the Pelicans name from the old baseball team??

GR30a5H.png

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Y! Sports story: New Orleans Hornets expected to change nickname to local favorite Pelicans, source tells Y! Sports. http://yhoo.it/11AbaMO

Pelicans it is.

Whoever told the person who posted earlier that they were informed Pelicans was eliminated must've been throwing them off the scent. I heard months ago Pelicans had been decided on.

And doesn't Benson already own the rights to the Pelicans name from the old baseball team??

Yeah Benson does. What a weak nickname for a basketball team, IMO.

Archived