2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Suns should AUTOMATICALLY return to that look, considering that it was their best uniforms in their existence. But, I also suggest they modernize that set & have a White-Home, Purple-Road, and an Orange and/or Black-Alt.

I agree, but it seems as though they're phasing out purple. I could see an Orange primary and Black alternate though.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

1. I don't get how it looks like a horseshoe when it's squared off. Horseshoes are rounded.

2. Putting a spur on a horseshoe is unfathomable. I have no idea why anyone would think that's what they were going for.

3. I don't understand how you think it looks like they tried too hard to make it look like a U when real spurs often look more like U's than what they used.

240905-spur.jpg

Nothing about this your campaign makes any sense to me.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I guess now you're saying squaring it off makes it look too much like they were matching the font. I think it would look way too weird if it were rounded, and it's still immediately recognizable as a spur to me. I've also seen more squared-off spurs, so it's not like they're adjusting reality to make it fit with the font.

I guess I'll be that guy...

...For the first time ever in the history of humanity...a thread has been "Spurjacked".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1. I don't get how it looks like a horseshoe when it's squared off. Horseshoes are rounded.

2. Putting a spur on a horseshoe is unfathomable. I have no idea why anyone would think that's what they were going for.

Don't want to drag this out further but.. just to clarify.. I can't really explain why but I always thought that was supposed to be a Horseshoe with a spur, I just always saw it like that. I was wrong. But what you said about "squared off" is why I'm saying it looks more like a U in the wordmark font than anything else

3. I don't understand how you think it looks like they tried too hard to make it look like a U when real spurs often look more like U's than what they used.

240905-spur.jpg

Nothing about this your campaign makes any sense to me.

I think the whole point I was trying to make is that whatevever its supposed to be, I think they tried to hard to make it look like the U in their font than they needed to. This is especially true (in my opinion) with the 90's version. You're 100% right that a spur looks like a U already, so all I'm saying is a wish they went with a design that looks like a Spur (I said horseshoe before but the point is stull valid) and didn't worry about matching the font because a Spur still reads as a U when put in the wordmark SP_RS. And I was saying that IF they had done that I think the standalone spur would work better by itself without the wordmark than the current one does. That's why a posted a pic of the 90's secondary Spur on teal background logo. Very 90's in design but I think that idea for a logo works better than the current secondary because it is not trying to read as a letter U.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I guess now you're saying squaring it off makes it look too much like they were matching the font. I think it would look way too weird if it were rounded, and it's still immediately recognizable as a spur to me. I've also seen more squared-off spurs, so it's not like they're adjusting reality to make it fit with the font.

I'm not an expert on spurs, I'm sure there are square ones too, and if someone who knows more about them than me (who can't even tell the difference between a spur and a horseshoe in a design) reads that secondary logo as a spur and doesn't just see a letter U - than I guess its a much better design than i'm giving it credit for.

But again this is all just my opinion. I still think that they tried too hard to match the font when they didn't need to. And since they did that, the standalone logo just doesn't work for me.

AND i'll drop it now because I can see no one agrees with me.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

T-minus 1 day until the Christmas uniforms are worn on court. Do you think the Heat, Thunder, Lakers, Knicks, etc. actually wear those things in a game?

Ye$

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

T-minus 1 day until the Christmas uniforms are worn on court. Do you think the Heat, Thunder, Lakers, Knicks, etc. actually wear those things in a game?

Ye$ ¥€$

FTFY

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I guess I'll be that guy...

...For the first time ever in the history of humanity...a thread has been "Spurjacked".

OH WHEENNN THE SPUUUUUURRSSSSS

GO MARRCHIIINNNGGGG IIIINNNNNNNNN

OH WHEN THE SPURS GO MARCH-ING IIINNNNNNN :P

Everything regarding how terrible these NBA Christmas uniforms are have been covered enough already, but man the Knicks are just a white or blue wordmark/number away from having one of the best alternates in the league with what they've got. How it is at this moment, however, is an atrocity.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I thought maybe the idea of the BIG Color promotion were to simplify teams to nothing more than This Color against That Color for the benefit of a national, casual audience. But how wouldn't that be accomplished by normal sports uniforms? especially when the Lakers aren't known for wearing white and the Knicks aren't known for wearing orange? And why wouldn't national, casual viewers want to know players' names and numbers? Never mind. This is so dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Because they're phasing out the college/pro sidebars, so now every new court pretty much has a solid blob for a key.

The new court is growing on me. I like the idea behind the stars encircling the center court logo, but adding the years of the championships is too much. And while I like the Laker-style scripts on the baseline better than the over-outlined Haettenschweiler/Impact they used to have, I'd have gone with the simplified script from the uniforms rather than the overdetailed script in the primary logo. Those tweaks, plus the lines in the lane, would make it perfect. Especially with the theater lighting!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived