2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

The all blacks had the satin look but this one doesn't. Interesting

They wanted the all-blacks to have a sheen like the pre-Rev30 jerseys. Would've made sense with these too becuase of the "White Hot" element. Maybe they found the players liked the feel of the Revs more?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've thought about that. Would like to have seen it. They've used silver in the past with White Hot merchandise.

I really like the white hot jerseys as well but thought silver would be a nice touch for the lettering and numbers. Did the Heat actually wear the Back in Black jersey for the 2010-11 Season with "Heat" instead of "Miami"? I'm assuming thats the case based on the photo below but i don't think they were sold for retail. Also I have read that there will be a third jersey released next season continuing the black and white theme. Wonder what that's going to look like.

PACIIDOKBFDIDLJE.jpeg

Is it just me, or does the Thunder uniform looks like it's powder blue?

Well if you want to get into specifics, the Thunder use Pantone 285, which is the same light blue the SD Chargers use, not that their current stuff is technically powder blue, but you get my point.

Even more technically, they both use this:

PTX_18-4141_TCX_SRGB.png

...I still don't know how one can definitively identity "Powder Blue"...that term can mean any number of different shades of Blue...

News!

Fletcher Mackel@FletcherMackel

Gayle Benson announces on Hornets pregame show that Hornets colors when team rebrands will be red, gold and navy blue.

^that really sucks, to put it mildly

Seconded. What horrible news, if true.

Hey Andrew, I noticed the first season of the rev30's the player's numbers (at least on the Heat jerseys) would crumple up and look really bad. Eventually the Big 3 started wearing jerseys with numbers that stayed flat, while the rest of the team still got the crinkling numbers. The next season everyone's looked normal/flat. Know what this was about?

I really don't know, but I'd guess it's just a case of running into an issue and trying to iron it out or perfect it on the fly. No one has really done breathable mesh numbers before, so they probably had to feel out the process a bit even after all the initial research and development.

Not even the stripes. They only outline the team name, name on back, and numbers...oh, and also I guess the shorts logos in some cases.

Actually, each uniform maintains the team's unique trim, side panel detailing, what have you, but it's all tonal. It's actually my favorite part of the uniforms.

The all blacks had the satin look but this one doesn't. Interesting

They wanted the all-blacks to have a sheen like the pre-Rev30 jerseys. Would've made sense with these too becuase of the "White Hot" element. Maybe they found the players liked the feel of the Revs more?

That'd be my guess. The Rev30s literally weigh about half as much. You can easily feel the difference just holding it in your hand.

Red, gold, and navy can be a great color scheme but I think the Hornets current colors are perfect for them. I'm not looking forward to their rebrand.

It would make sense considering the colors of New Orleans:

8fa79fdc3e557deb13299c2f42f98045c5a4b709_m.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

News!

Gayle Benson announces on Hornets pregame show that Hornets colors when team rebrands will be red, gold and navy blue.

That's a damn shame.

There's nothing wrong with their Creole Blue/Yellow/Purple scheme, or even their previous Teal/Yellow/Purple look IMO. Heck, if there's any color scheme that the New Orleans Whoevers (after they re-brand/re-name) should go to, it's some variation of the Mardi Gras colors of Purple/Green/Gold. Nevermind the fact that Utah has a similar scheme in Navy/Dark Green/(Dark?) Yellow--New Orleans could use Purple/Metallic Gold/Kelly Green and still stand out in the NBA's sea of blue and red.

Heck, they could go with Purple/Gold/Black (think Ravens-esque) and still look stand out and look good. Instead, it looks like they're going the way of Atlanta--going from a unique color scheme that stands out to a generic and drab (if it's metallic gold) color scheme that almost half the league wears.

Of course, this would be all forgiven in my book if the Bobcats were to assume the Charlotte Hornets name and colors soon thereafter.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

News!

That's a damn shame.

There's nothing wrong with their Creole Blue/Yellow/Purple scheme, or even their previous Teal/Yellow/Purple look IMO. Heck, if there's any color scheme that the New Orleans Whoevers (after they re-brand/re-name) should go to, it's some variation of the Mardi Gras colors of Purple/Green/Gold. Nevermind the fact that Utah has a similar scheme in Navy/Dark Green/(Dark?) Yellow--New Orleans could use Purple/Metallic Gold/Kelly Green and still stand out in the NBA's sea of blue and red.

Heck, they could go with Purple/Gold/Black (think Ravens-esque) and still look stand out and look good. Instead, it looks like they're going the way of Atlanta--going from a unique color scheme that stands out to a generic and drab (if it's metallic gold) color scheme that almost half the league wears.

Of course, this would be all forgiven in my book if the Bobcats were to assume the Charlotte Hornets name and colors soon thereafter.

Has this scheme ever looked good for ANY team? Maybe the Braves with minimal gold confined to logos?

Bring on the recolored Fleur de Bee, I guess.

Ugh, those Nuggets numbers. The 4 is varsity serif and the 2 is something sans-serif with a spike pointing out. Navy blue with red and metallic gold is so drab, too. That's why I hated the Cavaliers' thirds while liking the regular set.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This Hornets 24/7 blog post says it all leads to New Orleans Pelicans: http://www.hornets247.com/2012/11/29/more-evidence-of-rebranding-to-new-orleans-pelicans-this-offseason/

You can judge his reasoning for yourself. I'm not familiar with the blog or its credibility. Just saw it retweeted. It also says they wanted red/gold/black but were denied the use of black.

Archived