Where Do You Rank The MLB Stadiums?

raysfan24

I recently did a topic in the Concepts section on what would MLB stadiums look like if they were backwards. It got me the idea, How would the community rank the MLB Stadiums. You can rank you're top 10, Top 5, or even rank all of them. I DON'T CARE! If you have attended a game at the stadium, great! If not, it's ok! Just rank them. I've only been to like 20 so I can't rank them all on experience. I just want an idea. At least put you're favorite and you're least favorite. *= Been there

1. Fenway Park*

2. Wrigley Field*

3. Camden Yards*

4. New Yankee Stadium*

5. Marlins Park

6. Nationals Park*

7. Coors Field

8. Chase Field*

9. Petco Park*

10. Citizens Bank Park*

11. PNC Park*

12. Dodger Stadium

13. Great American Ballpark*

14. Citi Field

15. Miller Park

16. Safeco Field*

17. AT&T Park

18. Minute Maid Park*

19. Target Field

20. Progressive Field*

21. Commerica Park*

22. Turner Field*

23. Rogers Centre*

24. Kauffman Stadium (with renovations)*

25. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington

26. Busch Stadium*

27. US Cellular Field

28. Angel Stadium*

29. O.co Coliseum

30. Tropicana Field*

I know there will be some disagreement even though they are my opinions.

I updated my list based on the actual stadium its self.

mcbqza.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this based on? I highly doubt there's many (if any) on here who have been to all of the stadiums, so you're basing it solely on what they look like on TV (aside from the inevitable "my team's stadium rox!!!" posts.) There are a lot of factors that make a stadium great or suck that have nothing to do with anything you see during a TV broadcast.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What is this based on? I highly doubt there's many (if any) on here who have been to all of the stadiums, so you're basing it solely on what they look like on TV (aside from the inevitable "my team's stadium rox!!!" posts.) There are a lot of factors that make a stadium great or suck that have nothing to do with anything you see during a TV broadcast.

Just by overall what you think. I based the ones I haven't been to by what other people have said about them. I placed my team very last so I didn't base mine of my team.

mcbqza.jpg

We all (or at least us vets) know what this thread's going to turn into....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

We all (or at least us vets) know what this thread's going to turn into....

Which would be what? I'm guessing it's going to turn into What Stadiums Should Be Destroyed in the graveyard. That's just my guess.

mcbqza.jpg

Of those that I've been to:

1. Wrigley Field (multiple occasions)

2. Nationals Park (multiple occasions)

3. Safeco Field

4. Oriole Park at Camden Yards (multiple occasions)

5. PNC Park

6. Coors Field

7. AT&T Park (I attended the game AFTER Bonds's 756th homer.)

8. Citizens Bank Park (multiple occasions)

9. Great American Ballpark (can't remember which game)

10. Progressive Field (can't remember this one, either)

11. Original Yankee Stadium (I threw Old Yankee in there just to show how disgusting and cluttered it was. :P )

12. Dolphins Stadium (what it was called when I went)

I linked to the game I was at if I have not been on multiple occasions.

25yzwqg.png

I'm not going to make a list because I've only been to 3 of the active stadiums in baseball. I will say that Great American Ballpark (the one I've been to the most) has improved by a lot in the last few years. It's no longer sitting in the middle of a construction site on the edge of the river. The neighborhood around it has built up so there's actually places to go and hang out before, during, and after the game. The Reds Hall of Fame is second only to Cooperstown in terms of baseball museums I've been to. Inside, the ballpark feels like it's settled. The Reds employees have figured out how to best use their stadium for the enjoyment of the fans. they've created a terrific atmosphere for baseball whereas some other stadiums give you the impression that people are there for something else while a baseball game unfolds to their left or right.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't believe Fenway Park is so high on some lists here. The place is a Rolls Royce with a golf cart's engine. There isn't a good seat in the house, it's cramped, and the sight lines are brutal. Not to mention if you go to an afternoon game you can pretty much guarantee the sun will be in your eyes for either the first 5 innings or the last 4. Besides it's history, quirkyness, and atmosphere (inside and out) the park really doesn't have THAT much going for it.

I'm not going to make a list because I've only been to 3 of the active stadiums in baseball. I will say that Great American Ballpark (the one I've been to the most) has improved by a lot in the last few years. It's no longer sitting in the middle of a construction site on the edge of the river. The neighborhood around it has built up so there's actually places to go and hang out before, during, and after the game. The Reds Hall of Fame is second only to Cooperstown in terms of baseball museums I've been to. Inside, the ballpark feels like it's settled. The Reds employees have figured out how to best use their stadium for the enjoyment of the fans. they've created a terrific atmosphere for baseball whereas some other stadiums give you the impression that people are there for something else while a baseball game unfolds to their left or right.

It depends on where you sit sometimes too. When I sat behind home at Dodger Stadium, I got that feeling too, but if you sit in another part of the ballpark, the atmosphere is pretty fun.

One thing that I really, really hate is when the ushers are stern :censored:s about where you sit. I once was at a Padre game, and it was a day game with about half the stadium full. The game when into extra innings (It went to 18 IIRC), and around the 12th inning, I went to get better seats. I went to a section on the field level on the third base side that was pretty much empty. When I got there, the usher wouldn't let me through because I didn't have a ticket to that section. It was the freakin' 12th inning in a ballpark that had maybe 10-15K in it. Unless you're trying to get into the club level or behind home plate, most stadiums don't really care, which is cool. I can understand enforcing those rules when the place is filled, but when the park was mostly empty and the game was in extra innings? C'mon, that's BS!

Of the ones I've actually been to:

1. Camden Yards

2. Comerica Park

3. Progressive Field

4. Tiger Stadium

5. Rogers Centre

6. Riverfront

7. Old Cleveland Stadium

Dead last. Tropicana Field

Since we're only doing MLB stadiums, I had to leave off quite a few minor league parks that would rank higher than a few of the MLB parks I've been to. For example; 5/3 Field in Toledo is probably my favorite ballpark. Bright House Field in Clearwater is pretty great too. Both of them would be in my overall top five.

BB52Big.jpg

Well, I've never been in a Major League stadium and have only been outside in passing of three of them (Minute Maid, Coors, and Nationals), so I can't speak on in-game experience like many of you can. As far as watching a game on TV, though, Yankee Stadium, Fenway, and Wrigley have always been enjoyable. They just really give off a big-time baseball atmosphere, much like Madison Square Garden seems to give off that big-time basketball atmosphere. AT&T, Target, and Dodger Stadium are other ones I like to watch.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Camden Yards is my favorite park of the ones ive been to. Best atmosphere for a game, and I love Nats Park but Camden is much better.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived