Where Do You Rank The MLB Stadiums?

raysfan24

How long to you give Toronto till they build a new stadium?

From what I've seen it seems like they're in Rogers for the long haul. The Jays were talking about kicking the Argos out during this past off season and making modifications to the stadium to make it more baseball friendly, including putting in real grass and locking down the movable stands.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's give this a shot. Let's start ranking minor league stadiums that people have been to and lets give some must see ballparks of the minor leagues. For mine I must say if you haven't been to Huntington Park in Columbus, Ohio, you must do it. It's a beautiful park.

EDIT: please put where the stadium is located.

mcbqza.jpg

The Blue Jays are considering installing grass in the SkyDome, which would force the Argos out. Problem is, they wouldn't have a home (as mentioned before). BMO Field would seem to be the best option, but their old owners just sat on their hands when they poured concrete in the area of the would-be endzones, making the dimensions too small. Whether the Argos stay or not, Toronto's not getting a new stadium anytime soon.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Blue Jays are considering installing grass in the SkyDome, which would force the Argos out. Problem is, they wouldn't have a home (as mentioned before). BMO Field would seem to be the best option, but their old owners just sat on their hands when they poured concrete in the area of the would-be endzones, making the dimensions too small. Whether the Argos stay or not, Toronto's not getting a new stadium anytime soon.

True. Which means the Argos days in Toronto could be numbered if their owners don't cut a deal with someone.

True. Which means the Argos days in Toronto could be numbered if their owners don't cut a deal with someone.

If Winnipeg can build an impressive 33,000 seat stadium for $190 million, then Toronto could probably swing a smaller, let's say 28,000 seat football-specific stadium for a smaller amount. Let's say $175 million. A lot, but not an earth-shattering amount. And given the owner's political connections (he is a Conservative senator, after all), I'm thinking the Argos could get it done. And I think they'll have to, given that the Toronto sports cartel (Rogers and MLSE) seem to be out to get the Argos, as evidenced by Rogers threats to install a grass playing field for the Jays and the terrible home dates they assign the Argos, which get worse with every passing year.

Out of the ones I've been to:

1. Camden Yards

2. Old Yankee Stadium

3. Citi Field

4. New Yankee Stadium

5. Citizens Bank Park

6. Jacobs Field

7. SkyDome

8. Tropicana Field

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Raley Field, Nat Bailey Stadium and Hadlock Field are three I'd put in the "must see" category.

I'll co-sign on Hadlock Field. I've only been there a couple times, but it's a great place to watch a ball game. Very quirky too, with the Maine Monster in left field and the truncated grandstand along first base.

My only wish is that New Britain Stadium, just fifteen minutes from my house, wasn't so...bland. It's nice for a 15-year-old park, but I think they could afford to change it up a little.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

If Winnipeg can build an impressive 33,000 seat stadium for $190 million, then Toronto could probably swing a smaller, let's say 28,000 seat football-specific stadium for a smaller amount.

I don't think they've built it yet. Or they started and haven't finished. Last I saw from the sidebars of Jets articles in the WFP, the Blue Bombers were still playing wherever they've always played. And I wouldn't be so sure about quoting a lower price for Toronto real estate and construction than for Winnipeg real estate and construction. Maybe they'll have to move to Brampton.

I'm all for the Blue Jays playing on grass like a real baseball team, even if it means evicting the Argonauts. Like I care about the Argonauts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think they've built it yet. Or they started and haven't finished. Last I saw from the sidebars of Jets articles in the WFP, the Blue Bombers were still playing wherever they've always played. And I wouldn't be so sure about quoting a lower price for Toronto real estate and construction than for Winnipeg real estate and construction. Maybe they'll have to move to Brampton.

It'll be finished soon enough. Here's what Winnipeg's new stadium looked like two weeks ago:

BomberStadium_July8v2.jpg

As for pricing, Winnipeg's facility is being built on university land that is essentially coming at no cost to the team. For a new Argonauts stadium to work, it would also probably have to built on land supplied either at little or no cost (e.g., university or government land). But that's par for the course - not too many arenas and stadiums in Canada get built on land acquired for top dollar.

I'm all for the Blue Jays playing on grass like a real baseball team, even if it means evicting the Argonauts. Like I care about the Argonauts.

Uh, I guess they're not a real baseball team then?

It'll be finished soon enough. Here's what Winnipeg's new stadium looked like two weeks ago:

BomberStadium_July8v2.jpg

As for pricing, Winnipeg's facility is being built on university land that is essentially coming at no cost to the team. For a new Argonauts stadium to work, it would also probably have to built on land supplied either at little or no cost (e.g., university or government land). But that's par for the course - not too many arenas and stadiums in Canada get built on land acquired for top dollar.

Uh, I guess they're not a real baseball team then?

So is this where the Blue Bombers are going to play?

mcbqza.jpg

Archived