Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

DID YOU JUST READ MY MIND? :P

No, seriously, this is exactly what I'd like to see the Cap's wear. It is great modernization of there former look. 10/10 for sure.

Liking the Stars as well, but I'd like to see one with more black, similar to your original concept, but with some black on the actual jersey.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback. I am actually kinda tempted to submit the design to the Capitals (something I've never done before). As far as the Stars go, I have never been a huge fan of black in their scheme. It has worked in the past but it just doesn't fit my concept.

Thanks everyone!

Anaheim Ducks

ANADucks3.png

After I took the Capitals and gave their old look a modern take, I wanted to do the same for another team. So, the ideal choice was the Ducks. Really didn't stray too far away from the original, tweaked just a little. Also, took the interlocking MD logo and tweaked it to become AD. Really don't have much else to say. Let me know what you think.

Beautiful. With the away though, I'm not sure if it's just the striping color arrangement but it doesn't sit quite right with me. Maybe swap the green and purple?

Overall though, great work. I don't think the Ducks should've ever moved away from this identity. Yes it desperately needed a facelift, but not a whole rebrand to the boring set they have now.

sig.png

That Ducks look is pretty classic. Only one thing I could see to tweak on that to make it perfect. I would have the letters in the AD secondary be different colors to give the logo more pop. At the moment it jars a little with the rest of the design, whereas having the colors match the collar colors would give it a perfect balance. Other than that, perfect set.

Nice job on the Capitals, I guess I'm consistent at least as I think that the set would look better with a darker yoke over a lighter yoke... but yeah, that's more preference as it doesn't look bad on this one. I just think a blue yoke would look better... maybe with some white edging, something like the Bruins yoke. White yoke however does match with their original set... but I digress. I think one of the other commenters suggestions about changing the color of the middle star on the logo to match with the sleeve stars might be a nice addition.

...maybe a different design for the yokes would be a way to go as well, just to see how it might look with a squared-off design... or maybe even something to suggest a subtle "W" shape kind of like in the new Flames alternate? I dunno... just spitballing there.

Anyways, both sets are definately nice updates on some classic designs. Good work once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Something new to post.

New York Islanders

NYIslandersEntry.png

This is my entry into the contest over on HJC. Is not much but I'm pleased with it. Really didn't do too much to the logo. One thing I did do is swapped out white from the face for a flesh tone. I think that makes the logo pop a little more. Thats it, not much else to say. So, am I a shoe in to win?

Something new to post.

New York Islanders

NYIslandersEntry.png

This is my entry into the contest over on HJC. Is not much but I'm pleased with it. Really didn't do too much to the logo. One thing I did do is swapped out white from the face for a flesh tone. I think that makes the logo pop a little more. Thats it, not much else to say. So, am I a shoe in to win?

That's a nice-looking concept.

I like the colour balance...

You've used the teal, almost as a 'spot' colour, and focused on the orange as the second-most prominent colour...nice.

You say it's "not much", but most often, less is more. It's really clean.

Good luck!

To be honest I was kinda dissapointed with the last Sabres one you did. Yeah the alternate they currently have is god awful but it escapes from the boring of the logo and stripes. Try something weird, the first few you did I liked because you took a shot and made somethin the latest one bored me. Not trying to disrespect you trust me it was a nice jersey just boring just wanted to give you some feedback

33k6vxf.jpg

Great take on the Fisherman identity. Only two things are throwing me. The teal hands on Mr Gorton ( I realize you intended them to be gloves but on the original, its just his bare hands) and the orange wave. The three colour wave at the bottom of the logo begs for some teal. Besides those minor complaints you nailed it :)

Archived