• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*bump*

Got something new to share.

New York Rangers

NYRangers1.png

Alright, I had started this concept weeks ago but put it on the back burner for lack of third jersey ideas. So, first off the primary look is left mostly untouched. What I did do is use the same cut for both the home and road (which they currently don't). Also, I brought back the New York script to the road jersey. Which hasn't been used since the late 80s. For the third I went with the striping from the road. I had also planned on having a red shoulder yoke for but didn't look right so I settled for a dual colored collar. That sums up what I did, let me know what you think of the set overall.

Any feedback on the Rangers?

Pittsburgh Penguins

PITPenguins2.png

Pittsburgh is one of a few teams I feel need a new look. So, I used elements from their past and present to create this set. Don't really have much to say, I'll let the concept speak for itself.

That's an awesome set for the Penguins. Though it just hit me, if you're going to have slightly mis-matching home and roads, with all of the square-yokes in the NHL this year, why not bring back the triangular yokes like the ones Pittsburgh used in the 90s? Whether you continue the gold stripe or not, I think it would add some uniqueness and three-rivers symbolism to the set.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Blues- I typically hate the use of double blue, but its worked in the past for them and they are, in fact, the Blues. Great work.

Rangers- love the fact that you put New York on the road. That's the way it should be and it looks great. Nice to see lady liberty back as well.

Penguins- this is what they should be wearing. The black home is gorgeous. I agree on trying the triangle yoke. A+

sig.png

Like the Pens update, but would prefer to see the yellow gold rather than the vegas gold.

Thanks. Personally, I would like the Penguins to bring back athletic gold but that doesn't seem likely at this point. So, for the concept I wanted to stay true to their current colors.

The Pens jerseys look so much better than their current look. I kind of hope that they ditch the current look soon.

Like the Pens update, but would prefer to see the yellow gold rather than the vegas gold.

Thanks. Personally, I would like the Penguins to bring back athletic gold but that doesn't seem likely at this point. So, for the concept I wanted to stay true to their current colors.

I agree with throwing in yellow gold. It might be risky considering how nice that those jerseys look, but I think that it would look even better.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

• 2 weeks later...

Very classy Pens set. The yoke works very well. I would have to disagree with the other commenters on changing the vegas gold to yellow gold though. The vegas gold gives the Penguins a distinct color identity in the NHL, whereas going with a yellow gold just makes them too similar to the Bruins.

...I know it may be nostalgic seeing them in those colors, but IMO they really do look better in the gold they have now.

Got something new to share.

Carolina Hurricanes Fix

CARHurricanes2.png

Carolina's new look is very unimpressive and boring. So, I set out to fix that. The design is a combination of the old and new. I ditched the new shoulder yoke (hate it), in favor of the same style yoke as the Devils. Warning flag pattern returns and is now on the sleeves as well. Instead of the just the hem like the past look. Kept elements from the new one like the off colored shoulder on the road and the black collar. Also, an all red look, the pants are black (plus I felt it worked better for the design). Warning flag pattern is now featured on the pants as the design. Its something that I have wanted the Hurricanes do for some time. It really would make them stand out even more. Well, thats it sums up my fix for the Hurricanes. As always let me know what you think.

Very cool set for the canes. I like the hurricane flags on the pants, but I didn't see it at first until it was mentioned. Maybe needs to be a little bigger on the pants? I feel with all the red in their new set as well giving the pants more red highlights would work better to tie the look together. Maybe just making the pants hem flags larger would accomplish that?

Anyways, great clean looking work as usual. Always enjoy seeing your latest designs. Definately inspires me to work on some ideas of my own.

Edit: perhaps the flags should be carried on into the sock stripes as well to maintain consistent striping? ...dunno if that would be overkill or not.

Very cool set for the canes. I like the hurricane flags on the pants, but I didn't see it at first until it was mentioned. Maybe needs to be a little bigger on the pants? I feel with all the red in their new set as well giving the pants more red highlights would work better to tie the look together. Maybe just making the pants hem flags larger would accomplish that?

Anyways, great clean looking work as usual. Always enjoy seeing your latest designs. Definately inspires me to work on some ideas of my own.

Edit: perhaps the flags should be carried on into the sock stripes as well to maintain consistent striping? ...dunno if that would be overkill or not.

Appreciate the feedback. Will make the flag pattern larger on the pants, realize now it might not come across as it being there. Also, as for the pattern on the socks, I felt that it would be overkill having them there as well.

Edit

CARHurricanes2a.png

Made the flag pattern on the pants larger.

Yep, pants look better now most certainly.

Its hard to know sometimes when à certain design element is too much or just right, sometimes its really not till someone wears it that you can see for sure. That said, I've seen à Canes concept with it on the sock stripes but its not really necessary, definately not if you think it is overkill.

...but this set definitely shows the canes should have kept the flags and black in their uniforms. Much better than their team Canada-lite jersey set.

Yep, pants look better now most certainly.

Its hard to know sometimes when à certain design element is too much or just right, sometimes its really not till someone wears it that you can see for sure. That said, I've seen à Canes concept with it on the sock stripes but its not really necessary, definately not if you think it is overkill.

...but this set definitely shows the canes should have kept the flags and black in their uniforms. Much better than their team Canada-lite jersey set.

I figured they'd look better. Also, this just goes to show that Carolina could've still went to a "simple" design while staying with a unique feature on the sweater.

Archived