Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool how do you use photoshop for this, could you explain?

Just how anyone working in Photoshop would. Take my template, do my striping and other details on different layers. When happy with a design merge to create a complete sweater and repeat for the white version.

The Lightning look way better with that logo. Color scheme is nice as well, good use of the black in a way that is supportive but not overwhelming. The silver fits as well... I even think the white yoke works well on this set! (Shocking, I know)

Really clean distinctive look for the Lightning... Think you nailed this one.

For the Islanders, its very clean and sharp looking. A good design but feels like it needs more color to look distinctly Islanders in my mind. The teal should probably just be an accent like you have it here but a different balance of the orange and white seems necessary to my eyes... Actually without the Teal this look could work for an Oilers identity in my mind, but just not feeling it with this one... Even just thicker whites would improve this in my mind, maybe adding some teal or white to the collar could work as well.

Thanks as always! Onto the next team...

Chicago Blackhawks

CHIBlackhawks.png

Chicago has arguably the best look in the NHL. I've always felt their home jersey is unbalanced. That came from the striping on the sleeve. So, what I set out to do was fix that. The home now features more stripes on the sleeve (like their jersey from 55-62). Also, a tie down collar is added. Feel they're one of the teams that should be using that. The road is unchanged with the exception of the shoulder patch. For the third, I wanted something that harkened back to their barberpole look of the 30's. Given a modern twist. Felt I accomplished that.

The thing that makes the Indian Head logo so great is that there are so many colors in the feathers. That logo could be used on almost any color back drop and look phenominal.

• 2 weeks later...

Been sometime since I've posted a concept. Took a break from concepts because I was burnt out and had no motivation to do anymore. That said, I have something to share.

Calgary Flames

CGYFlames3.png

I started this concept a little over a month ago. Put it on hold due to that I wasn't truly happy with it. Looking at it now I am happy with it. The idea for the concept is taking elements from the team's past looks and giving it a twist to give them a solid look. That is all I have to say about it. Feedback is always appreciated.

*bump*

Any thoughts on the Flames? I got something new to share.

Minnesota Wild

MINWild3.png

The Wild have all the makings of one the top looks in the NHL but its hurt by the mismatching home and road sweaters. So, I took the new road and made it the template for the home while fixing the issues I have with the current green alternate. The road itself got a minor tweak, eliminated "the hanger effect" (not a fan). Also, I have noticed this when I've watched Wild games this season (I get their games on TV in my part of Wisconsin) that their laces are done similar to how the stadium series laces look. So, I've reflected that on the concept. The third is inspired in part by the current home sweater. Overall, this gives the Wild a much better set.

Home and road are perfect. I don't like the new lace style from the Stadium Series but whatever. The home is everything I would want to match the new away. I would make the third more like the original version of it, with the squared shoulders and hem stripes.

Calgary:

I think that their current number name font would look better, also (small detail) put some black into the red jersey's collar

Minnesota:

I liked the original better, but not bad. Though I do like promoting the Alternate to the home jersey. Also the new laces are cool.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks every for the feedback on the Wild concept. Its been some time since I've done anything but I've got something new.

Arizona Coyotes

ARICoyotes.png

With the name change happening, its the perfect opportunity for the team to overhaul their look. Its unlikely to happen but its something that needs to. The Coyotes used to have a really distinct look, now they look really bland. So, for this concept I brought back some an element from their original look but gave it a modern feel. White now only shows up as the road sweater color. Brick red still remains the dominant color but more sand really makes the design feel like its something a team in the desert should be wearing. I do have 3 other variations of the road sweater, will post those later. That is it, feel free to give some feedback.

Archived