Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, I'm back at it after taking an extended break from concepts. Heres my latest.

Calgary Flames

CGYFlames4.png

For this concept, I decided to keep things simple and continue to look very classic. Noticeable changes I made were dropping black, bringing back the darker red from the Heritage Classic sweaters. On the pants, I wanted to do something that was different and tied to the design. That sums it up, let me know what you think of this concept.

Pants are cool. Having the logo and numbers be yellow on the home is interesting. It works but id also like to see them inverted.

Only downside for me is the striping. There are just a lot of two stripe patterns on concepts lately. Even you've had a few. Maybe you could do a variation of their classic striping. Changing up the widths or color order. Also, I think a two color collar would work well. Red on outside (along the jersey) and yellow on inside (closer to neck). Keep same on both

Nice. The Jackets are a team that's never looked bad, but they've lacked a true identity since they've been in the league. Pick a civil war era military theme and go with it. I love most aspects of their alternate. If they added some red, used their primary logo and threw the cannon on the shoulders, I think they'd be golden.

sig.png

• 2 months later...

i forgot to comment on this, I think its a really great modernization of the Lemiux Cup jerseys with the vegas gold. and unlike others I like the Pens having vegas gold instead of athletic gold because it separates them from the bruins, as long as it is metallic shiny material not the matte beige colored gold they have now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback on the Penguins (sorry for the delay on responding to the comments).

This next team is last team that I've done a set for.

New Jersey Devils

NJDevils.png

The Devils have a pretty good look. One of the best in the NHL but its not totally untouchable. For this concept I blended together elements from their past and present to create a very solid look. Added one modern element with the "hangar effect" on the inside of the collar. That sums it up it, as always feel free to comment.

I'm not a fan of the white yoke on the blue sweaters. The Leafs have no history of that, outside of the 1970-1992 look, which was a completely different style of jersey.

Don't forget about their early 30's and winter classic jersey they were made to resemble. I think that kind of yoke on the leafs jerseys with matching striping would look great

I did a very similar New Jersey concept a few months back (can be found here), so we think very similarly. Not a fan of the white yokes on the Leafs concept, seems forced.

Also, where did you get the template you're using? It looks a lot like the one I used before switching over to illustrator. If it's mine, no biggie, I'm just wondering.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

I did a very similar New Jersey concept a few months back (can be found here), so we think very similarly. Not a fan of the white yokes on the Leafs concept, seems forced.

Also, where did you get the template you're using? It looks a lot like the one I used before switching over to illustrator. If it's mine, no biggie, I'm just wondering.

Yeah, its yours...spent some time recreating it. Sorry, for not asking about it.

As for my Leafs' concept...I think Toronto is one of the few teams that can pull off having a white shoulder yoke. If its done right.

Boston Bruins

BOSBruins2.png

I've been wanting to tackle the Bruins again for some time. With the new template I'm using I decided that its the best time to revisit them. As for the concept itself, the home/road road are inspired in part by their current alternate and the sweaters they wore from 74-95. The third takes some inspiration from their Winter Classic sweater from a few years ago. As always any feedback is welcomed.

Archived