Lycan38

Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Any other feedback on the Blue Jackets and Sabres?

Thanks for the feedback on the Stars. When I have the chance I will go back and do some minor tweaks. In the meantime, with the new season upon us I wanted to do a new series of concepts. The concepts will focus on hypothetical Stadium Series match ups. This is the first of (hopefully) many.

Stadium Series (Columbus/Buffalo)

BlueJacketsSabres.png

Nothing outside the box, just simple looks for both teams.

Both designs look great! Particularly the Blue Jackets. Never realized how good their inaugural logo could look without all the clutter.

Alright, the set of teams are done.

Stadium Series (Arizona vs Winnipeg)

CoyotesJets.png

Not going to bore with a description on this one. Feel free to comment on it.

The Coyotes jersey looks fantastic, perfect merging of eras. I'd be happy if they adapted it full time with a matching road. The Jets look solid as well, though I think the shade of grey may be a tad on the dark side.

Agreed on the Coyotes jersey. Looks great. Only small change id make is having the red stripe on the sock go all the way to the bottom to match the jersey. I would love to see this as a base for a home/road set.

Thanks for the feedback.

Arizona Coyotes

ARICoyotes1.png

I took the design I did from the Stadium Series concept and made a road version to have a complete set.

Looks good. Just a few suggestions.

- have a primarily black glove.

- on the road I'd keep the striping colors the same as the home. It's too much black now. To keep the sand bleeding into the white you could have a thin black stripe.

Is the number font their original one?

Looks good. Just a few suggestions.

- have a primarily black glove.

- on the road I'd keep the striping colors the same as the home. It's too much black now. To keep the sand bleeding into the white you could have a thin black stripe.

Is the number font their original one?

Thanks for the feedback. The font is actually the St. Louis Rams' it was the closest I could find to the original.

Arizona Coyotes (update)

ARICoyotes1a.png

Just made some tweaks to the road design.

*bump*

Any thoughts on the Coyotes update?

Still, messing around with ideas for the Stars. I do have something new to share.

Quebec Nordiques

QUENordiques.png

Design is directly inspired by their WHA days.

Might do some more defunct teams in the future. So, keep an eye out for that.

Just a request: Could these be done with a cyan blue? I think it would help differentiate this identity from that of the Habs, and any other teams that wear red and blue.

The update is better albeit slightly so. This is exactly what the Arizona Coyotes should do if they decide to re brand next year.

Coyotes look great. That striping would be a simple yet massive upgrade.

A quick update on the Stadium Series concepts...I'm still thinking of teams to do (I have 1 team done for the next match up). In the meantime, I have a new concept.

Vancouver Canucks

VANCanucks4.png

For this concept I took the Canucks' third (which I feel is the best of their current set) and made a set out of it. I did make some light changes, pants stripes reflect the jerseys and green on the collar on the home jersey. Overall, I feel this give the Canucks a better look. Feel free to comment.

A quick update on the Stadium Series concepts...I'm still thinking of teams to do (I have 1 team done for the next match up). In the meantime, I have a new concept.

Vancouver Canucks

VANCanucks4.png

For this concept I took the Canucks' third (which I feel is the best of their current set) and made a set out of it. I did make some light changes, pants stripes reflect the jerseys and green on the collar on the home jersey. Overall, I feel this give the Canucks a better look. Feel free to comment.

The logo is a definite upgrade, however I really don't like the striping. Thinning the green stripes just sort of makes it look like every other jersey out there with the three stripe pattern. On top of that putting blue between the green and white just muddies up the look. It pops a lot more when the green is bordered by white.

As for the road jersey, the addition of a blue shoulder yoke and removal of the blue forearms makes it look like the Oilers/Sabres away but with green swapped for orange/gold

Thanks for the feedback on the Canucks. I have an idea for a tweak to the design. I'll post that update when its finished. Next up in the Stadium Series...

St. Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks

BluesBlackhawks.png

Blues design is taken from the mid 80s. For the Blackhawks I looked to their design in 1958/59 but tweaked.

Love the Hawks!

Thanks for the feedback on the Canucks. I have an idea for a tweak to the design. I'll post that update when its finished. Next up in the Stadium Series...

St. Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks

BluesBlackhawks.png

Blues design is taken from the mid 80s. For the Blackhawks I looked to their design in 1958/59 but tweaked.

I love the addition of red numbers to the hawks. One of my biggest gripes about their white unis is the lack of red.

The Winter Classic matchup looks stellar, I second Chromatic's comments about the Canucks set. Good choice for the crest regardless.