Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

Thanks for the feedback on the Stars. When I have the chance I will go back and do some minor tweaks. In the meantime, with the new season upon us I wanted to do a new series of concepts. The concepts will focus on hypothetical Stadium Series match ups. This is the first of (hopefully) many.

Stadium Series (Columbus/Buffalo)

BlueJacketsSabres.png

Nothing outside the box, just simple looks for both teams.

I think this concept would look better with the current blue jackets logo.

Also the Blackhawks-Blues matchup you made could look better without a wordmark above the Blues name

2lx6s6o.jpg

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the look you're going for with the Panthers, but I think it needs a few tweaks. On the home jersey, I would try to incorporate white into the striping so the numbers don't stand out as much. On the road jersey, I would drop the blue from the end of the sleeves and hem and change it to a small stripe. I feel like the blue will dominate the road look as it is now.

Not sure how the blue would dominate, as the yoke, number, and primary stripes are red. The blue at the end of the sleeves would be partially covered up by gloves anyway. There is more red on that away jersey than blue. The original set had the hem and end of the sleeves both navy, and the navy didn't dominate then.

The Panthers set is really excellent, IMO.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thanks for the feedback on the Panthers.

Columbus Blue Jackets

ColumbusRedux.png

The Blue Jackets have pretty much kept the same look since joining the league. So, this concept gives them a much needed update. Red is eliminated in favor of a double blue look. Alternate logo now becomes the primary. Shoulder patch is based off the logo that didn't make the cut for their alternate sweater. Feel free to comment.

This is one of the better Blue Jackets concepts I've seen. The colours look great as does the striping. Colour balance on the road doesn't look problematic to me. You did the right thing making Navy dominant.

I like Columbus, but it's a little too Minnesota-esque to me. I'm also not the biggest fan of the font used. I would have just gone with their alternate font, but all in all I like the jerseys.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

That looks spectacular! The striping and number treatment are spot on. My only suggestion would be to extend the black hems to the bottom of the jerseys. Otherwise you have an out of place bar of red between the hem design and the pants.

For Calgary, updated v. 1 looks best, IMO.

I know I'm a few days late, but I like what you did with Columbus. One change I'd like to suggest, though: Add some white and silver to the pants striping. The lone light blue strip seems too plain compared to the rest of the set.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Next up...

Washington Capitals

WashingtonRedux.png

The Capitals need to make a change. I decided to take inspiration from their past for this set. Promoted the logo from Winter Classic sweaters and added stars to the shoulders rather than the sleeves. Feel free to comment.

With Calgary I have to say v1 is my personal favorite. one thing I would recommend would be black numbers on the dark sweater. the white numbers seem out of place compared to the mainly black stripes and crest. or you could try making the crest and stripes mainly white with black trim to match the numbers. it may look good as well.

Very good job of incorporating that WC logo. I'm generally not a huge fan of the caps' stars on the unis, but you incorporated them greatly. One suggestion: make the stars above the "W" in the logo all the same color.

spacer.png

Very good job of incorporating that WC logo. I'm generally not a huge fan of the caps' stars on the unis, but you incorporated them greatly. One suggestion: make the stars above the "W" in the logo all the same color.

Thanks for the feedback. I've always prefered the stars in the logo to be generally colored the same as they are on the jersey (when used).

Carolina Hurricanes

CarolinaRedux.png

For the Hurricanes I took elements from the past look with the current. In doing so giving them a much more fitting look. I tweaked the logo to make less busy. Brought back the stripe on the pants. Went with a more traditional font for the numbering and lettering. The alternate is just a black version of the home design. Feel free to comment.

Archived