Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks as always! Onto the next team...

Chicago Blackhawks

CHIBlackhawks.png

Chicago has arguably the best look in the NHL. I've always felt their home jersey is unbalanced. That came from the striping on the sleeve. So, what I set out to do was fix that. The home now features more stripes on the sleeve (like their jersey from 55-62). Also, a tie down collar is added. Feel they're one of the teams that should be using that. The road is unchanged with the exception of the shoulder patch. For the third, I wanted something that harkened back to their barberpole look of the 30's. Given a modern twist. Felt I accomplished that.

This set is almost perfect, not much to change for the Blackhawks but you did good stuff. Only thing I would change is on the alternate, delete top red stripe on the hem and sleeves, I think it would look better without it. Other than that, nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

This set is almost perfect, not much to change for the Blackhawks but you did good stuff. Only thing I would change is on the alternate, delete top red stripe on the hem and sleeves, I think it would look better without it. Other than that, nice job.

Thanks for the feedback. This was my inspiration for the design...

Blackhawks18.png

The bottom hem striping that went red/black/white-red was what I wanted to wanted for the jersey design. I'll update with your suggestion and see how that works. Also, I am considering getting rid of the white shoulder yoke and red trim.

Edit: Was able to get some time to do some updates.

CHIBlackhawks1.png

CHIBlackhawks1a.png

Did 2 versions one with cohenj21's suggestion.

Was reading some articles on the current situation the Islanders are in and got me wanting to do something new for them. So, I am going to be doing a new concept for them. In the meantime here is a preview of which logos you can expect to see.

nyilogosheet.png

The top one is the way to go. That would actually be a nice-looking third for them. The bottom one has far too many stripes and would look pretty bad in action.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The top Blackhawks one looks great, could see that as a real alternate for them. I don't know what everyone doing an NHL series on here dislikes about the current Islanders logo. The lighthouse one is good but the fisherman? As an Islanders fan, I am obliged to hate that fisherman logo, but I guess if you don't use that godawful wave striping pattern I can give it my seal of approval. :)

Cohenj.png

Thanks on the Blackhawks feedback. As for the Islanders, I've always liked the fisherman logo, felt that its gotten treated unfairly due to the jersey it was on.

New York Islanders (new concept)

NYIslanders1.png

I really didn't have many ideas for this concept. So, I was basically throwing anything at the wall and hoping something would stick. Will probably revisit this, later.

Well, I am glad to see that you didn't use the wave pattern. I would love to see an alternate jersey using either the lighthouse logo or the current primary, maybe a throwback-type jersey using royal and orange? Just an idea. I think there is too much teal in this set for a team that has always been primarily blue and orange. I like to see it as an accent, looks cool that way, but not as a primary color with the shoulder yoke and thick sleeve stripe and all. I would try relegating it primarily to accent status, like on your logos. Your logos have the perfect balance of blue, orange, and teal, try emulating that on your jerseys. Especially on the road jersey, I think you should have more blue than teal, significantly so. There is alot of promise here, and I loved your logos. Just try working in more blue and less teal. Hope this helps!

Cohenj.png

Thanks for the feedback. I have been playing around all night with the concept and I've come to a conclusion. The fisherman is going away. No matter how I played around with the design I could not salvage it with having any teal on it. So, for the time being the Islanders are now on hold.

I think his hat should match his coat.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Thanks on the Blackhawks feedback. As for the Islanders, I've always liked the fisherman logo, felt that its gotten treated unfairly due to the jersey it was on.

New York Islanders (new concept)

NYIslanders1.png

I really didn't have many ideas for this concept. So, I was basically throwing anything at the wall and hoping something would stick. Will probably revisit this, later.

I like these a lot! I've always loved those logos and you've found a way to make them look great. The colors are perfect for the Isles and I really like the shoulder yokes. The only thing I think you need to fix is the orange on the arm stripes. It needs to be a lot thinner to match to how you used it on the hem and shoulder stripes. Fix that and these will be near perfect!

Thanks for the Islanders feedback. Took a some time away from doing any concepts to recharge the creative batteries. Have some ideas for the Islanders that I will try. Meanwhile, a new team.

Nashville Predators

NSHPredators.png

I'll start off by saying I am not a fan of their current set. I do like that they have a light colored home jersey. I just am not a fan of the design. That being said, for this concept I wanted to change up their color scheme, to something I felt fit them better. The primary look is inspired by the striping on their third jersey. Played around with the striping to where I got something I liked and looked simple. I know the Predators are known for being more progressive with their designs. I just wanted to do something simple for them. The third is a (attempted) recreation of the popular mustard yellow third design from the pre-Edge days. Overall, I am really happy with this set.

Edit: I forgot to mention the checkered pattern appears on the inside of the collar.

My oh my, the first Bluejackets and Isles concepts are works of beauty.

I'm also a huge fan of using the bull with the Stars, love the gold jersey too, and the horse for the Flames. 2 great alts!

I like your newest Isles concept, but not sure how I feel about the colors. I own and do like the Fisherman jerseys, but for some reason the color scheme still isn't big for me.

What do you think about using their current scheme for the Isles jerseys? Or were you trying to stay away from that?

That first Isles set you did I liked alot better. An orange third using the lighthouse as the main logo would have been freaking awesome.

2ly2w09.jpg

My oh my, the first Bluejackets and Isles concepts are works of beauty.

I'm also a huge fan of using the bull with the Stars, love the gold jersey too, and the horse for the Flames. 2 great alts!

I like your newest Isles concept, but not sure how I feel about the colors. I own and do like the Fisherman jerseys, but for some reason the color scheme still isn't big for me.

What do you think about using their current scheme for the Isles jerseys? Or were you trying to stay away from that?

That first Isles set you did I liked alot better. An orange third using the lighthouse as the main logo would have been freaking awesome.

Thanks for the kind words.

I wanted to stay away from the current scheme. Wanted to add some more color to the Islanders. As, I've been playing around with the logos. I am leaning towards staying true to the Islanders brand but not going back to the royal blue but staying with navy and orange.

For Nashville, I like the idea behind the concept, and I'm glad you simplified their over-complicated set. The color scheme looks pretty good as well. My only beef with this one is that it's a little too simple. Right now the jerseys, while well-designed, just aren't that eye-catching, they are a little too dark. Maybe you could try using the mustard yellow as an accent color, even that would make them pop significantly more without really changing your design and layout, which I like. I would just try to play around with making the set more colorful.

Cohenj.png

For Nashville, I like the idea behind the concept, and I'm glad you simplified their over-complicated set. The color scheme looks pretty good as well. My only beef with this one is that it's a little too simple. Right now the jerseys, while well-designed, just aren't that eye-catching, they are a little too dark. Maybe you could try using the mustard yellow as an accent color, even that would make them pop significantly more without really changing your design and layout, which I like. I would just try to play around with making the set more colorful.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll test out some shades of yellow within the designs and see how that it goes.

Edit: Updates..

Nashville Predators

NSHPredators1.png

Added mustard yellow to the scheme to make it pop a little more.

New York Islanders

NYIslanders1a.png

Ditched the fisherman logo. Went to a more simple navy, orange and white color scheme. Simplified the striping on the primary look. Added an orange third.

Archived