Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE these updates, especially the Islanders. You nailed the orange jersey in particular, great job on the whole set. Nashville also looks significantly better even with that small addition of yellow. Two fantastic updates here, looking forward to more!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Thanks both of you. I'm really pleased with how the orange Islanders third turned out. Alright was able to crank out another concept.

L.A. Kings

LAKings1.png

For this I looked to the (not so distant) past and present for inspiration. Stayed with the simple color scheme of black,silver and white (though I personally prefer them in purple). Striping was inspired by the past and present looks. The yoke and trim was inspired by the pre-Edge purple jersey. The jersey tail was inspired by the their current home.

Big fan of this Kings set, really well-designed and good job keeping some elements of the current set while using some things (like the logo) from the old set. Maybe a purple alt added onto the set? Don't change a thing on the ones you currently have, but see how a purple alt looks on the same template.

Cohenj.png

Thanks for the feedback.

L.A. Kings (update)

LAKings1a.png

Did some editing to the logo. Color swaps and added a larger stroke to the crown on the shield and shoulder. Added a different colored version of the primary and stayed true to the simple three color scheme. With the crown as the primary (as the Kings did in the past on their alternates logo switches).

Thanks everyone. Now its time for a preview of what team is up next.

canuckslogostweaks.png

As you can see its the Vancouver Canucks. These are the logos I plan on using in the concept and as well as two different color schemes I am considering. First is a merge between the late 90s scheme and the current as the second is basically some of the late 90s scheme.

*Note on the VC logo, I have versions ready for when they are used a dark jersey.

The red and blue VC looks very Canadiens-ish.

That was my concern also. So, I've fixed that and now it looks more like the late 90s scheme. The change will be seen in the concepts. Which is 4/6 of the way done.

Edit: Finally was able to finish up what remained for the concept. Here we are....

Vancouver Canucks (version 1)

VANCanucks.png

Version 2

VANCanucks1.png

For the primaries I wanted something simple and clean while staying true to a classic Canucks design. The striping on the sleeve and hem are modern versions of the original white jersey's design. The road features a colored yoke and is "modern" element added to the design. The noticeable differences between the two versions of the primaries is the "v" design. On the second version they are colored. As for the third, I wanted something different and out there in terms of the striping. I want from shoulder down for the how the colors would go, green/white/deep blue/etc. Though my original intention to create something based around a jersey of the Canucks past. I'm pleased overall with the concept and I await everyone's feedback.

The first set using the green and blue looks absolutely incredible, one of your best concepts yet. The second one looks good as a standalone concept, but even though it uses an older color scheme it just doesn't feel very "Canucks" to me, I would stick with the first set, which is flat-out awesome. The only thing I would try would be to remove the white space inside the C on the home jersey and just use white outlines around the letters. The white space makes the logo look slapped on to the jersey rather than part of it, and I think with the lighter green V and the white C there woudn't be too much of a contrast problem without the white space there. Just to clarify, the diagonal stripe on the sleeves of the primary jerseys is half of a V, correct? Regardless, excellent work on the first set, one of my favorites in the series.

Cohenj.png

That Canucks navy and green alternate looks absolutely amazing! I'm even questioning why it isn't the primary because the home and road are "meh" compared to that alt.

For the navy/maroon set, the silver and white stripes mixed the way they are looks kind of odd. And the right cuff on the alt is green. :P

Very good stuff, nonetheless!

The first set for the Canucks is alright, I don't like that there are three different logos though. To me the "VC" isn't strong enough to be a main crest. I'd pick either the Johnny Canuck V or the stick in rink as the crest and only one of the others as a Patch. But I do like the jerseys

Archived