Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

The first set for the Canucks is alright, I don't like that there are three different logos though. To me the "VC" isn't strong enough to be a main crest. I'd pick either the Johnny Canuck V or the stick in rink as the crest and only one of the others as a Patch. But I do like the jerseys

Same here. Put the stick-in-rink as the primary logo, and the concept is fantastic.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Canucks navy and green alternate looks absolutely amazing! I'm even questioning why it isn't the primary because the home and road are "meh" compared to that alt.

For the navy/maroon set, the silver and white stripes mixed the way they are looks kind of odd. And the right cuff on the alt is green. :P

Very good stuff, nonetheless!

Thanks for pointing that out, never noticed it, due to that I get my reds and greens mixed up.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Took that and did some updating to the navy and green version of the concept.

VANCanucks1a.png

VANCanucks1b.png

As you can see the stick in rink become the primary and the VC logo moves to the shoulder. Provided two different logo options for the alternate both featuring Johnny Canuck (who I think they need to utilize more in their brand).

Thanks much, my personal preference for the alternate is the arched wordmark with Johnny Canuck. Its the only way I could see them ever using him on a jersey. He is not just strong enough to a primary on his own, in my opinion.

*bump*

I was going through my concepts and my (previously posted) Blues concept caught my eye. Its not a bad concept but I wanted to revisit my original idea for the Blues so thats I've done.

STLBlues1b.png

For the primary look I wanted something that had a throwback feel to it. The third was based on the mid 80's jersey that featured the arched script. Made some alterations to that design by placing the primary logo on the shoulder instead of under the script. In its place is the player number. Added a colored nameplate and the sleeve cuff got a unique treatment with the striping pattern. Also, the jersey was designed to worn in the Winter Classic (if they were ever apart of it).

My thoughts on this-

Home- I like the way the navy note looks, and your striping is good. However, the navy shoulder yoke clutters the jersey IMO. I would ditch the yoke altogether, makes for a less cluttered and better set IMO. You coukd also try a yellow yoke if you would rather have a colored one but the navy is too much.

Away- My favorite of the set, solid job. Again, though, ditch the yoke and it will look better.

Alt- Surprised by how much I like this. It does look a little basketball-ish with the wordmark and number on the front but I think it is perfect for a Winter Classic-type jersey. The simple yellow-white striping on the hem and sleeves looks perfect. The only thing I would do is ditch the colored nameplate, which I don't think fits well with the throwback look you are going for. Other than that, really nice job on that jersey and the whole set.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Huge unbalance of colors on the Blues H & R. Now since I actually like the navy yokes, I would make the rest of the striping coherant with the shoulder yokes. My opinion is basically the exact opposite of what cohenj21 suggested, but either way you decide to go with this, it needs to be fixed one way or the other.

This does look much better. The simplification of the yoke trim makes the navy yokes look okay,it was just too crowded before. The alt, though, looks fantastic, the best jersey in the set. Without the colored nameplate it looks especially good, perfect for a Winter Classic and could even be worn in normal games as a fauxback look. Nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

yeah, the navy just doesn't fit well. It doesn't seem at all integrated, though I can see where else you've put it. Tinker with making one of the hemline/sleeve stripes navy (and not just a little one), or drop it entirely (except the logo?). The alt looks great with it though.

Maybe experiment with yellow/white/navy/white/yellow stripes? maybe triple-level stripes with yellow/royal/white/royal/navy? Idk, but it needs to be better integrated. Maybe leave it as just an accent color

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thanks everyone, I am really proud of the Blues concept. Something different, a Winter Classic logo that is still a work in progress.

wclogopre.png

I based this around the Busch Stadium logo because thats where this fictional Winter Classic would take place.

Archived