Does anybody remember this Texas Rangers jersey?

Perfect Zero

A Rangers blog going by "Lone Star Ball" had a post that detailed the facial hair of former Rangers and one of the pictures that came up was this:

8v9fg_medium.jpg

It seems like I remember there being some sort of news about them when I first moved to Arlington (which was around '92), but I have no idea why they were wearing them. The only other picture that I have is from a sketch from Heritage Sports Art.

TexasRangers1993Third.jpg

My question is did the Rangers actually wear these, and is there some sort of story behind them? Funny I found this on the day the Rays go fauxback.

As mania said, it was a home-and-away series with the Brewers.

It's an approximation of what the Rangers' uniorms would have looked like in the 1920s (the Brewers wore a very rough approximation of what the 1920 Milwaukee Brewers wore).

It was the forerunner of the Rays' "1979" throwbacks.

It's an approximation of what the Rangers' uniorms would have looked like in the 1920s (the Brewers wore a very rough approximation of what the 1920 Milwaukee Brewers wore).

So this Rays promotion isn't a new idea like everyone thought?

:blink:

Anubis.png

I actually remember watching this game. It was one of those nights when the clouds aligned, and I could watch Channel 12 (or whatever Milwaukee station they were on) all the way down in the south suburbs of Chicago on our antenna. Confused the heck out of me back then.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had no idea Super 18 had a signal strong enough to reach Chicago... you wouldn't think that'd be the case with a UHF station. On the flip side, I always thought it was cool when we could get WGN in Northwest Milwaukee, especially when it meant I got to see Michael Jordan.

I had no idea Super 18 had a signal strong enough to reach Chicago... you wouldn't think that'd be the case with a UHF station.

It only came in now and then, and when it did it looked like it came from another planet. Channel 23, the Polish channel, was like that too, but more consistent and slightly less interplanetary. I had over-the-air television in most of the house growing up all the way up to 1996. Good times.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sometimes, we'd get the stations in from Milwaukee and from Grand Rapids. That was really hitting the jackpot.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had no idea Super 18 had a signal strong enough to reach Chicago... you wouldn't think that'd be the case with a UHF station.

It only came in now and then, and when it did it looked like it came from another planet. Channel 23, the Polish channel, was like that too, but more consistent and slightly less interplanetary. I had over-the-air television in most of the house growing up all the way up to 1996. Good times.

Yeah, we didn't have cable either, but we did have one of those ridiculously tall antennas on top of our house. We only got WGN about 50% of the time and it was only about 50% of those times that it was actually watchable. Sometimes, though, it came in more clear than some of the local channels.

Sometimes, we'd get the stations in from Milwaukee and from Grand Rapids. That was really hitting the jackpot.

I got WWMT, Channel 3 from Kalamazoo a few times, which I thought was pretty cool since I have family out there.

Archived