Need font suggestions for logo

Bayne

Hi,

I've been designing a logo for a supporters group for a local soccer team and need some help in regards to choosing what font to use. I'm very happy with what I have so far, but I've been spending far too long looking at hundreds and hundreds of fonts without really knowing what I'm looking for exactly.

I was hoping that if I supplied the logo so far, maybe some of you with some experience and knowledge could offer some suggestions as to what might look best? I would like the font to compliment the slight medieval/royal feel but not too over the top. I think a serif font might look too busy (?) and I think it needs to be fairly bold, maybe with a slight 3D effect to mirror the 3D-ness of the crown and banner.

The text is 'GFU' (it should be in caps.. I don't think a lowercase 'gfu' would work)

th_NewGFUlogo2012-1.png

Any thoughts and suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Try Impact Font. It's a pre-loaded front and it works for a lot of logos.

I believe this is the perfect setting for comic sans.

...really, guys?

None of these suggestions really get me excited... Duke is okay but still pretty boring. Gonna have to trust my own instincts by the looks of it.

I would recommend Argaiv.

None of these suggestions really get me excited... Duke is okay but still pretty boring. Gonna have to trust my own instincts by the looks of it.

I would recommend Argaiv.

Why would I need that?

Archived