New Syracuse Crunch logo

Waffles

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Still awful. The Crunch have to have the worst overall identity in minor pro hockey since the Toledo Storm were mercifully euthanized, right? The only comparably bad ones I can think of offhand are the Connecticut Whale and the Evansville Icemen.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yep. Still awful. The Crunch have to have the worst overall identity in minor pro hockey since the Toledo Storm were mercifully euthanized, right? The only comparably bad ones I can think of offhand are the Connecticut Whale and the Evansville Icemen.

Every logo the Crunch have ever used, including this new one, has been downright awful. That has to be some sort of record, doesn't it?

I was doing sports talk radio in Syracuse when the Crunch were brought into existence. People hated the name Crunch the minute is was announced. As a joke one day on my radio show, I suggested they rename the team the "Salt Miners" (I guess Syracuse has something to do with salt) and much to my surprise, people loved it. My point is "Salt Miners" couldn't have been any worse than all the bad Crunch designs, could it?

BB52Big.jpg

Sadly, the first logo for this is the best one.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Why are the colours in the OP's original post so off?

image - proper logo and colours below

333389_457646904254850_453570639_o-590x408.jpg

My opinion of the logo - It's an odd looking logo. Not very good. The first thing I noticed was the rather strange looking hockey stick, which to me looks more like a bandy stick or even (as some of you pointed out), a soup ladle.

Needs less fisting.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived