Waffles

New Syracuse Crunch logo

Yep. Still awful. The Crunch have to have the worst overall identity in minor pro hockey since the Toledo Storm were mercifully euthanized, right? The only comparably bad ones I can think of offhand are the Connecticut Whale and the Evansville Icemen.

I had no idea that abdominal muscles look like wavy squiggles.

Always loved the gorilla, mostly cus thats what I grew up with. This is embarrassing

Yep. Still awful. The Crunch have to have the worst overall identity in minor pro hockey since the Toledo Storm were mercifully euthanized, right? The only comparably bad ones I can think of offhand are the Connecticut Whale and the Evansville Icemen.

Every logo the Crunch have ever used, including this new one, has been downright awful. That has to be some sort of record, doesn't it?

I was doing sports talk radio in Syracuse when the Crunch were brought into existence. People hated the name Crunch the minute is was announced. As a joke one day on my radio show, I suggested they rename the team the "Salt Miners" (I guess Syracuse has something to do with salt) and much to my surprise, people loved it. My point is "Salt Miners" couldn't have been any worse than all the bad Crunch designs, could it?

The older one, in all its RGB-optimized glory:

SyracuseCrunch_PRM_1995-1999.png

Hmmm.... I see Crunch man lost some weight

I also noticed he has some lightning bolts on his helmets due to the affiliation change.

Edited by rvrdgsfn

It's morphin' time!

I was more reminded of VR Troopers, myself.

Okay, you wanted it:

The colors look a little dark in the OP. They are supposed to match the Lightning

considering it's better than an Ice Gorilla, and a minor league team, I'm ok with this logo... a little busy but still pretty sleek.

Sadly, the first logo for this is the best one.

Why are the colours in the OP's original post so off?

image - proper logo and colours below

333389_457646904254850_453570639_o-590x408.jpg

My opinion of the logo - It's an odd looking logo. Not very good. The first thing I noticed was the rather strange looking hockey stick, which to me looks more like a bandy stick or even (as some of you pointed out), a soup ladle.

Not better, just different. Crunch is a dumb name to begin with, so I suppose it's hard to work from.

Sounds like cereal, that's what the big laidle is for. There really a cereal eating competition team.

Eh. It's underwhelming to say the least. Not sure I'd call it an upgrade but at least they don't have to wear an angry fan on their jerseys anymore.

Needs less fisting.