NFL Thanksgiving Uniforms

rroy0824

Football on Thanksgiving is a big tradition in Detroit, Dallas, and in the rest of the country. In the past the Lions and Cowboys have worn throwbacks along with their opponent. These concepts are for Thanksgiving 2012. First, the Lions and Texans:

LionsvsTexans.jpg

The Lions have thrown back to This. A uniform from the early days. For this concept, I used the uniforms from the early 60s.

Lions.jpg

The Texans are an expansion team, with no uniform to throw back to. So, I took the Tampa Bay Rays idea and created a fauxback to the 60s. It's very simple and I think people will either love it, or hate it. The logo is something I created based on the Dallas Texans logo. Something simple, but it gets the job done.

Texans.jpg

So, what are your thoughts? I want to do all three games, but will depend on how this goes. Also, thanks to everyone who created the templates.

I like that Lions look a lot. However, I don't think the Texans unis are really working for me. I understand that there isn't anything to throw back to, but nothing about that looks says "Houston Texans". The logo helps a little bit, but then again, it doesn't appear on the uniforms. At least with the TB Rays fauxback, it was clear who they were since they used all their colors and the chest said the team name in a large font. I'm not really sure what to offer as a solution since they don't have any throwback options, but I don't think this is the answer. The Lions look is a good start, however!

I see where you're coming from on the Texans "throwback," but no way would fans in Houston stand for cribbing something from a Dallas team. Maybe you could try a version of the Texans regular uniforms, but with "Luv Ya Blue" replacing navy... maybe even throw in a white helmet for good measure. The Lions look great though!

I like both looks, especially the Lions

The Dallas Texans were not only from Dallas, but also the predecessor to the Kansas City Chiefs. Obviously they were both the Texans, though. I really like the Texas logo, though. You should build your uniforms around it somehow, maybe putting it on the sleeve or something. Throw in some Oilers blue as a nod to the old team, and keep the helmet numbers.

The Lions look great!

I like both looks, especially the Lions

The Dallas Texans were not only from Dallas, but also the predecessor to the Kansas City Chiefs. Obviously they were both the Texans, though. I really like the Texas logo, though. You should build your uniforms around it somehow, maybe putting it on the sleeve or something. Throw in some Oilers blue as a nod to the old team, and keep the helmet numbers.

The Lions look great!

Actually, the Texans he based these on are a completely different team from the Texans which became the Chiefs. These Texans kind-of-sort-of became the Colts (what remained of the Dallas franchise, i.e. player contracts, were awarded to Carol Rosenbloom upon winning the rights to establish a team in Baltimore).

I'd love for you to keep doing these, but there are some things you should know about the texans uniforms...

One is listed above, there can't be a Dallas theme in the throwback. Also it is almost exactly like Georgia Southern's uniform (Also a nike team).

3956314395_69a82d39e8.jpg

Not saying you ment to copy them, just thought I would show you. ;)

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

Thank you for all the feedback. I knew it would be hit or miss and I guess this is kind of miss. I'm going to take all of your ideas and try to fix the Texans. Thanks everyone! I'm glad most like the Lions.

Actually, the Texans he based these on are a completely different team from the Texans which became the Chiefs.

This is sort of true. I wasn't trying to base the uniforms off of them, but the logo was based off them.

One is listed above, there can't be a Dallas theme in the throwback. Also it is almost exactly like Georgia Southern's uniform (Also a nike team).

3956314395_69a82d39e8.jpg

Not saying you ment to copy them, just thought I would show you. ;)

Wow, I didn't even notice that. Now I really need to change somethings around. Thank you for pointing that out.

Idk I think you were headed in the right direction with the first one. If you just put red around the white stripe on the helmet, then put the helmet stripe on the pants. Maybe a little red on the jersey and you have yourself a winner IMO. I sorta like the numbers on the helmets. Its different.

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

This is kind of going off of what OfficialBailey7 said

Texans2.jpg

Is this better? I'd like to know if people think this works or if the shoulder loops look better. If I should just scrap this and try again, I'd like to know that too. I really want to come up with a good look. Also, does the Texas on the helmet work? I kind of like it but don't know how others feel about it.

Texans2.jpg

Is this better? I'd like to know if people think this works or if the shoulder loops look better. If I should just scrap this and try again, I'd like to know that too. I really want to come up with a good look. Also, does the Texas on the helmet work? I kind of like it but don't know how others feel about it.

If you're making a fauxback for the Texans, I do like the entire look. But to make it look like the HOUSTON Texans, I'd go with a bull's head, like something you'd see in the 1950's.

Everything else on the uniform is great, but I think you could make something special with a different logo.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Texans2.jpg

If you're making a fauxback for the Texans, I do like the entire look. But to make it look like the HOUSTON Texans, I'd go with a bull's head, like something you'd see in the 1950's.

Everything else on the uniform is great, but I think you could make something special with a different logo.

Thanks! As far as the logo goes I'll see what I can come up with. I didn't want the logo to be about Dallas but I can see how that happened. I'll try to come up with a bull logo. Really this was about the uniform, but to have a logo would be great too.

I think he should keep the state shape logo. However, just make the uniform red and take a pitch of a white single stripe on the helmet. I wouldn't make a bull logo on the helmet (as it would look too much like their current look).

I would just take the star of the blue Texas state logo. But in order to keep the star, make half the Texas state logo red and white and the bigger part blue so you can have the star. It would make sense.

Helmet wise, keep the numbers.

And one more question? Which SVG are you using?

I think he should keep the state shape logo. However, just make the uniform red and take a pitch of a white single stripe on the helmet. I wouldn't make a bull logo on the helmet (as it would look too much like their current look).

I would just take the star of the blue Texas state logo. But in order to keep the star, make half the Texas state logo red and white and the bigger part blue so you can have the star. It would make sense.

Helmet wise, keep the numbers.

And one more question? Which SVG are you using?

Thanks for the post. I like to hear what other people think. I don't want to do a red uniform because in my concept, the Texans are the road team to the Lions. So the Texans would be in a white uniform. As for the state logo, I think you mean something like this?. If thats the case I don't really want to go that route for this. I tried it and couldn't get it to look like a football logo. It always came out clip arty (not a word). Also, I'm not using a .svg file. I'm using a .psd for photoshop or gimp. Just the program I'm comfortable with.

I've been working on a bull logo. Right now its rough and needs some more work. I'll try to clean it up and maybe post it later.

Okay here is what I've got for a logo so far. Instead of the bull head, I went full bull.

eEF29.jpg

It needs a little more cleaning up, but I posted it to get feedback. I want it to look more vintage and look like it belongs in that time, but I don't know what to add to it to make it look that way. Any suggestions?

The new logo looks a bit too close to what the Bills would have had back in the day. I like the Texas + number, myself.

I know and thats one reason I stayed away from it at first. It is kind of hard to do a bull that way and not look like that. I also didn't want to do just a head and have it look like the Chicago Bulls. So I don't know. It is part of the reason I posted it, to see what people think. But thanks, I like the helmet too. Even with a new logo I think I'll probably keep it.

Archived