2013 World Baseball Classic

ldswoosh33

Australia's easily the best of the bunch. It's a great use of national imagery and colours. Israel's is also pretty sweet, I'll have to pick one up. The Czech Republic's design is pretty creative too.

The designs that I'm not fond of would be Germany, China, and the Netherlands.

Germany's is inoffensive but bland. The German eagle is simple enough that it could have worked as a cap logo.

China just looks strange using an old English C. A more contemporary C design would work, but I would prefer it if they used actual Chinese script as their cap logo.

The Netherlands should only use a N. "Netherlands" is a single word, so using a NL to represent it kind of flies in the face of how cap monograms are supposed to work. It would be like it Italy used an IL monogram logo.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia's easily the best of the bunch. It's a great use of national imagery and colours. Israel's is also pretty sweet, I'll have to pick one up. The Czech Republic's design is pretty creative too.

The designs that I'm not fond of would be Germany, China, and the Netherlands.

Germany's is inoffensive but bland. The German eagle is simple enough that it could have worked as a cap logo.

China just looks strange using an old English C. A more contemporary C design would work, but I would prefer it if they used actual Chinese script as their cap logo.

The Netherlands should only use a N. "Netherlands" is a single word, so using a NL to represent it kind of flies in the face of how cap monograms are supposed to work. It would be like it Italy used an IL monogram logo.

"Netherlands" literally means "Low Countries" in Dutch, and, despite it being one word, is virtually two. Many Germanic languages (English excepted) combines words (example: Volkswagen in German. "Volks" and "Wagen" are both individual words meaning "people's" and "car", but they were combined.) I believe "Nederland" is the same way.

spacer.png

Can't wait to see the British, French and Brazilian caps.

I guessing that Great Britain will probably keep their existing hat with the 'Swinging Lion'. You can see it here..

http://www.britishba...r-national-team

Not bad, but I would've preferred an interlocking "GB" or "UK".

This is Britain's hat:

pMLB2-13037632dt.jpg

Love it. Buying it now.

spacer.png

Archived