2012-3 CHL uniform/logo thread

OMMF

Nice ripoff of the Sharks' putrid black thirds on the shoulders there.

It's a Coyotes ripoff on the sleeves and sides. It's a Sharks ripoff on the shoulder patches. It's an incomprehensible "extra-angry-something" with embossed Serpentine Italic on the front. What's not to not like?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saskatoon to wear fan-designed jersey this season:

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-kickoff-jersey-design-contest

If anyone is looking for Edge templates, they have 5 blank ones there.

Spokane to wear a military-themed jersey and a breast cancer awareness jersey:

http://www.spokanechiefs.com/article/chiefs-announce-promo-schedule

Saskatoon to wear fan-designed jersey this season:

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-kickoff-jersey-design-contest

If anyone is looking for Edge templates, they have 5 blank ones there.

Spokane to wear a military-themed jersey and a breast cancer awareness jersey:

http://www.spokanechiefs.com/article/chiefs-announce-promo-schedule

I'm a little disappointed with the templates, but I'm sure I could whip something up using a different template. I've won a design contest before, so maybe I'll give this a go... Even though I think it's aimed at kids.

Kamloops getting new third jerseys, will be unveiled Friday.

Season ticket pick-up night will also give season ticket holders an exclusive opportunity to view the new third jerseys that will be in use this season. Season ticket holders will have the opportunity to enter to win a replica third jersey autographed by the 2012-13 Kamloops Blazers.

Season ticket pick-up night will also give season ticket holders an exclusive opportunity to view the new third jerseys that will be in use this season. Season ticket holders will have the opportunity to enter to win a replica third jersey autographed by the 2012-13 Kamloops Blazers.

Any pictures of that available yet?

Sucked the identity out of the team. Where's the orange?

630c94e1.jpg

d51e0a84.jpg

Bad bad bad. That said, the K would look nice by itself (though probably too similar to Kootenay's third logo)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sucked the identity out of the team. Where's the orange?

630c94e1.jpg

d51e0a84.jpg

Wild 3rd template... Do they not allow creativity any more?

And it is now uploaded on the paint template page

From a Giants email:

(bolding theirs)

Join us Friday, September 21 as the 12th season of "Hockey with Heart" begins with a match-up against our island rivals - the Victoria Royals! Puck drops at 7:30pm at the legendary Pacific Coliseum!

We'll wear retro tribute jerseys to honour the 1945/46 Canucks, fresh off their induction to the BC Sports Hall of Fame.

What those 45-46 jerseys looked like:

d2d2fd3f.jpg

Odd that they would be wearing royal blue against Victoria.

And here is what the Giants will be wearing:

5eae14b6.jpg

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but now that I go to post it (and link back to the source) the source website has gone down. Anyway, according to the outgoing Portland Winterhawks trainer/equipment manager, this year's black alternate will swap out the "eyes" crest to shoulder patch status and the Hawks head to the chest. Don't know if it will be the standard full-color crest or the red and white version used on the shoulders of the alt.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Islanders. Please! Riptide sounds stupid(like Rocket) and Confederation sounds to classy for a CHL team.

Just call them the Prince Edward Islanders and be done with it.

Imagine if they used Fishsticks as a logo? CHL teams have used NHL logos (or variations thereof) many times before.

And we have a winner!

"In the first intermission, it was announced that the P.E.I. Rocket will be re-branded as the P.E.I. Islanders. The logo and jersey are a work in progress."

bYhYmxh.png

And we have a winner!

"In the first intermission, it was announced that the P.E.I. Rocket will be re-branded as the P.E.I. Islanders. The logo and jersey are a work in progress."

What a cumbersome mouthful.

I agree... but hmm somehow I wonder if the logo will have the Island represented well enough??

Why on Earth would they not just call themselves the Prince Edward Islanders? P.E.I. Islanders looks bad on paper, sounds displeasing, and is a bit tricky to say.

Prince Edward Islanders?? not bad .. as for PEI Islanders..sounds a bit odd to try to say that or write/type that in...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Why on Earth would they not just call themselves the Prince Edward Islanders? P.E.I. Islanders looks bad on paper, sounds displeasing, and is a bit tricky to say.

Charlottetown Islanders would sound so much better. Create a primary logo that shows an outline of PEI and a secondary logo that has the letters PEI incorpoated into it and one would think that you've covered the need for regional representation effectively, right?!

Archived