2012-3 CHL uniform/logo thread

OMMF

Just got my Rangers season ticket package today and one of the tickets said that they will be wearing a 1982 Memorial Cup throwback sometime this season. It didn't mention whether it would be the blue or white jersey, but I'm guessing it'll be blue. The interesting thing is that they wore Cooperalls that season. They definitely won't break out the Cooperalls, but it would be really cool to see the striping replicated along the side of the pants and socks.1982Cupteampic.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my Rangers season ticket package today and one of the tickets said that they will be wearing a 1982 Memorial Cup throwback sometime this season. It didn't mention whether it would be the blue or white jersey, but I'm guessing it'll be blue. The interesting thing is that they wore Cooperalls that season. They definitely won't break out the Cooperalls, but it would be really cool to see the striping replicated along the side of the pants and socks.1982Cupteampic.jpg

That's fantastic. I love that sweater. I can't wait.

Fantastic picture of the Thunderbirds alt logo courtesy icethetics.

1008-seaevr-11.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1349678903081

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Fantastic picture of the Thunderbirds alt logo courtesy icethetics.

1008-seaevr-11.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1349678903081

While I love this jersey, and own an authentic customized version of it, the logo leaves a little bit to be desired. While I'm sure they didn't intend for it to serve as such, the banner across the middle reading "Thunderbirds" seems to serve as the wings of the bird and makes him a bit stunted. With the size of the head and the proximity of the tail feathers, it was inevitable that it would look this way but the banner only makes it more obvious.

Well, this cancer awareness jersey is a little different. Saskatoon will be wearing pink on Oct 20th but will also have the names of friends and family members of season ticket holders who have died from cancer in the bottom stripe.

Oct209th20Breast20Cancer20Jersey3249_zpsd955b39f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my phone, so I can't upload any pics, and I don't have any to link to, but the Winterhawks are in their "new" alts. Essentially, it's the ugly black and silver alts, but with the Hawks head in red and white on the front and the "eyes" logo on te shoulders. Basically a flip-flop of logos from the last couple years.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I'm on my phone, so I can't upload any pics, and I don't have any to link to, but the Winterhawks are in their "new" alts. Essentially, it's the ugly black and silver alts, but with the Hawks head in red and white on the front and the "eyes" logo on te shoulders. Basically a flip-flop of logos from the last couple years.

Taking my Seattle bias out of it for a second, that alt looks terrible. The reason the eyes worked as the main crest was because of how different the color scheme was from their usual jerseys. Now, with the Hawk head on the front, it looks like some sort of terrible military night jersey with digital camo on it. Portland can't have it both ways. They have a classic logo but it needs to be used on a classic jersey. if they want to be different, the logo has to be, too. That's why I liked those alts from a couple years ago that had "PORTLAND" written in the chest stripe. Had they put the head on it, it would have looked like a cheap Spokane/Montreal re-color.

Dang first Winnipeg, now North Bay! What Next?

The Kenora Thistles! Now that's an old-timey name if there ever was one.

That or the Flin Flon Bombers.

Former Flin Flonner here; great idea, but it would never work. Rink's too small, travel would be too expensive, and fans haven't really turned out much the last few years.

But in a perfect world, YES. PLEASE.

Archived