mbannon's MLB Identity Concepts

mbannon92

Decided to do a little redesign of the Rockies (because we all know they need it). Brought the focus back on purple, as it should be, and replaced black with a deep forest green. The logo is similar to before, with a mountain range over the wordmark, and the interlocking CR remains (in updated font). The jerseys are straightforward. Pinstripes are gone, but otherwise they feature the same basic layout as currently, with a second white alt for home and a purple alt for the road.

Have at it!

COLORADO ROCKIES

Logos Primary Jerseys Secondary Jerseys

Why '91? I would think you would want to put '93. But just checking. Also, it would look better if the mountains were capped in white, not grey.

The jerseys look pretty good, too. The Colorado script seems a little bit stretched. I think it would have to be something that looks better in game than on paper.

Biggest recommendation I'd make would be to lose the serif at the top of the R. It causes ambiguity and could/does make the C read as a G. Cap C's dont have serif's on the lower end for exactly this reason and you've effectively added one when you created the CR ligature. The R wont lose anything by it's removal but the C will be improved greatly.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Rockies updated. Took rsaline's advice and changed the snowcaps to white. Also spaced out the 1991 more (and rsaline, I used 1991 because that's when the Rockies were established...thought that would be more appropriate).

And 9erssteve, I had the same concerns with the CR logo, but I think that the serif on the R is small enough and high enough that it's clear. If more complain though I'll look into it.

And I have another team, which I'll just post here.

The Houston Astros, a common team tinkered with on these boards. I decided to combine eras of the Astros history, but with modern, galactic flair. First, I had to go back to orange and navy. The primary logo is loosely inspired by their original logo (at least in shape and color), the cap logo is a modernized H-star, while the wordmarks are based off this. However, I settled on a new, galactic looking font that's not too over-the-top.

HOUSTON ASTROS

Logos Primary Jerseys Secondary Jerseys

Houston is overall a really good branding job. The caps in particular look fantastic. One little thing, I think that the sleeve patch is much too big, so I would consider shrinking it or using the cap logo. Also, try a blue alternate instead of one of the orange ones, because I think that would look good with your set. Nice job!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• 1 month later...

Archived