Logos and jerseys that need updates

The Jets' colors should be the same as the ensign flag: medium blue, pale blue, and red, with silver for the jet. Like so:

QVY5Q.jpg

I also took the annoying beveling off the leaf and jet and fixed the stem of the leaf a little. I dig that shade of blue from the flag:

500px-Royal_Canadian_Air_Force_ensign.svg.png

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets' colors should be the same as the ensign flag: medium blue, pale blue, and red, with silver for the jet. Like so:

QVY5Q.jpg

I also took the annoying beveling off the leaf and jet and fixed the stem of the leaf a little. I dig that shade of blue from the flag:

Wow. That's so much better than the current one. Never understood those accents on the jet and the leaf in the first place.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Stars - Dark green mono uniform with an improved "mooterus" logo. Better yet, re-name them the Lone Stars or Texans.

Wild - Make green the primary and keep the home and away whites consistant. Even better, BRING BACK THE NORTH STARS!!

How many times do we have to tell you that:

A. "Lone Stars" is an oxymoron

B. Dallas is not going to and should not go and just give up a name the franchise has had for 45 years just because another city wants it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

QVY5Q.jpg

Ok, that's brilliant.

qiru2jftx1a378eq8ad0s4ik4.gif

Where do I start? From a boring and generic colour scheme, to the lack of a "Tampa Bay" script, to an unnecessary powder blue alt, to the phantom script/numbers on the navy alt, to focusing on rays of sunlight, this entire set is terrible. As much as I love the look and uniqueness of the green/blue/black 2001-07 identity, I understand why they wanted to re-brand. However, they could've done a million times better than this. I think updates of the previous scripts/logos done in green and powder blue would have looked really sharp. Unfortunately, with the re-brand happening so recently and the success they've had with this, it really wouldn't make sense for them to have another shakeup at this point.

Where do I start? From a boring and generic colour scheme, to the lack of a "Tampa Bay" script, to an unnecessary powder blue alt, to the phantom script/numbers on the navy alt, to focusing on rays of sunlight, this entire set is terrible. As much as I love the look and uniqueness of the green/blue/black 2001-07 identity, I understand why they wanted to re-brand. However, they could've done a million times better than this. I think updates of the previous scripts/logos done in green and powder blue would have looked really sharp. Unfortunately, with the re-brand happening so recently and the success they've had with this, it really wouldn't make sense for them to have another shakeup at this point.

They do have a matching "Tampa Bay" script:

3feqm5e2grt2xg5eugzfepfn4.gif

QVY5Q.jpg

I'll take the current logo over this any day. I realize there is a historical precedent but those two shades of blue look awful together.

They do have a matching "Tampa Bay" script:

3feqm5e2grt2xg5eugzfepfn4.gif

I should have written it as "not having a Tampa Bay road script". There's no reason to put "Rays" on the road.

I have to say, and I hear that complaint a lot about the Rays set, what other team uses double blue in baseball? Only the Royals alt (which was released the same time, and has Royal Blue instead of Columbia Blue) and the Blue Jays (which came out four years later and features royal instead of powder)

1985 1989 1991 1992 1993

Time to raise a banner in my lifetime boys!

I have to say, and I hear that complaint a lot about the Rays set, what other team uses double blue in baseball? Only the Royals alt (which was released the same time, and has Royal Blue instead of Columbia Blue) and the Blue Jays (which came out four years later and features royal instead of powder)

My biggest problem is that the Rays *don't* use double blue. Other than the columbia jersey, that color only appears as a second outline on all wordmarks. Meanwhile, the jerseys are extremely bland. Making the white outline columbia on the home and road numbers, and making everything on the navy alt columbia with a white outline would improve the set many times over.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I should have written it as "not having a Tampa Bay road script". There's no reason to put "Rays" on the road.

That wouldn't be a very good road script. Here's a team that could go with cap monogram on grey like the Giants and Padres did.

Oh, and the navy blue should be dark green, for continuity. No one else is doing dark green and light blue together except Tulane, and who notices Tulane athletics?

And I'll win you over yet, Morgo. The Jets using sky blue makes too much sense not to do, even without the ensign flag. Maybe I can make a concept around it that's half as good as the Buffalo Sabres Goat Head.

It's because the Minnesota North Stars were totally awesome and never should've been taken away from us, and "Wild" is the worst team name ever, so renaming Dallas's team the Lone Stars is a way to backdoor the North Stars back into the league. There are obvious flaws in this, but let people dream their dreams, I guess.

"Let's rename the Stars to Lone Stars" is getting up there with "the Jazz, Bobcats, and Hornets should switch names" on the "oh my G-d why are we talking about this again???" metre.

No kidding! Lone Stars is an OXYMORON! There is either a "Lone Star" or their are multiple "stars."

Archived