Logo Revolts

Popmart

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Patriots had a new logo unveiled at one of their games during halftime (kind of a crude new Pat Patriot/Flying Elvis hybrid) that got booed mercifully and never saw the light of day.

123xa2.png

I believe the Patriots had a new logo unveiled at one of their games during halftime (kind of a crude new Pat Patriot/Flying Elvis hybrid) that got booed mercifully and never saw the light of day.

One of these?

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

w3sifsx9oav643ppmrhw90xcf.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think Nebraska was going to put an outlined and/or serifed "N" on its helmet to replace the plain "N" they have now but the reaction of the fan base killed it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not the same as a logo revolt, but this look lasted only a single game:

dal_uni_06.jpg

Gun metal was a bad idea but so unique, I wish we had more

It would have worked, had it been flat or matte. The shiny quality sank it. They looked brown at times, as the material reflected the court.

Not the same as a logo revolt, but this look lasted only a single game:

dal_uni_06.jpg

Gun metal was a bad idea but so unique, I wish we had more

It would have worked, had it been flat or matte. The shiny quality sank it. They looked brown at times, as the material reflected the court.

Often referred to as the "Trash Bag" uniforms...

One of these?

ya8qoagwzweacwl1431mhfsef.gif

w3sifsx9oav643ppmrhw90xcf.gif

I don't think those were it. I think those were early prototype Flying Elvises (Elvii?). I seem to remember what RDiamond was talking about, but I can't remember what the logo looked like.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Marquette sees your 'logo' revolt and raises you a 'renaming your team the Marquette Gold' revolt.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/18/sports/ncaabasketball/18marquette.html?pagewanted=all

At least a good logo came out of that whole debacle:

lk47sf36h6g3y141mktt.gif

But yeah, MU could've saved themselves a lot of future headaches if they'd have just reverted to Hilltoppers or Golden Avalanche upon dropping the Warriors tag.

New Mexico State had a revolt when our original Pistol Pete was modernized in 2000's.

d_ap_1.jpg

This was our original Pistol Pete

image002.jpg

This was the modernized version made in 2005. The big complaint was he was missing his pistols and fans called him Lasso Larry instead.

QOVSCDWYBGDHLCC.20050815174335.jpg

After a few years of complaining, Pistol Pete got his guns back.

new-mexico-state-logo.png?w=224&h=197

I personally prefer the black hat and guns look.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Portland's not the first Northwest MLS club to have an identity controversy:

Fans chose a name for the team in an online poll held between March 27 and March 31, 2008. The initial list of possibilities ? Seattle FC, Seattle Republic and Seattle Alliance ? deliberately did not include Seattle Sounders in order to provide a "fresh start." Despite the names having been selected through fan research and internal committees, the omission of the traditional Sounders name embittered many in the Seattle community.

The Vancouver Whitecaps were not going to be the teams name to start either.Same story, franchise wanted a fresh start, public did not.

New Mexico State had a revolt when our original Pistol Pete was modernized in 2000's.

d_ap_1.jpg

image002.jpg

This was the modernized version made in 2005. The big complaint was he was missing his pistols and fans called him Lasso Larry instead.

Saddest part is, I'm not only shocked to see a logo with guns in this day and age, but totally flabbergasted that a gun-free logo was changed to include them after the public revolted against the *lack* of guns.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

d_ap_1.jpg

image002.jpg

Wow, so what's the story here. Why does Ok State's logo look so much like that old NM St logo? Who copied who?

2557.gif

90758391980.gif

Didn't the Houston Dynamo MLS team change last minute also from like the Houston 1836. Forgot what the reason was.

Because it was a terrible name. I believe the idea of the name was to reflect the year of the founding of Houston. Of course, that same year saw both the battle of the Alamo and the defeat of Mexico. Hispanic groups, who are a big chuck of the Dynamo fanbase thought the name courted Mexico bashing. I can see possible sore feelings but "bashing" seems like an overreaction.

There was some kneejerk anti-anti-Houston 1836 reaction but not too vigorous because, really, it wasn't that swell of a name.

BTW- the biggest supporter group for Dynamo is the Texian Army. Texian being the term for white colonist in Texas who would later win the Texas Revolution. Too bad they didn't get to use the ace unused 1836 logo.

I don't recall that "Hispanic groups" raised a ruckus over the name, I believe a single county politician -- Sylvia Garcia -- led the effort on her own. Some groups may have fallen in line behind her, but it wasn't an uprising. Sylvia was tossed out of office in the last election (heh, heh, heh, heh).

LehQRaC.png

Archived