Logo Revolts

Popmart

Blues+Proposed+3rd+Jersey.jpg

This is quite possibly the disgusting thing I've ever seen. It makes the Burger King jersey look like the Habs.

The best decision Mike Keenan made during his time with the Blues.

Most Ole Miss fans don't like these mascots.

ole_miss_rebel_black_bear-thumb-603x425-22159.png?w=405&h=222

Ole Miss should make Admiral Akbar their mascot.

YES!

Untitled-2-550x345.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marquette sees your 'logo' revolt and raises you a 'renaming your team the Marquette Gold' revolt.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/18/sports/ncaabasketball/18marquette.html?pagewanted=all

At least a good logo came out of that whole debacle:

lk47sf36h6g3y141mktt.gif

But yeah, MU could've saved themselves a lot of future headaches if they'd have just reverted to Hilltoppers or Golden Avalanche upon dropping the Warriors tag.

Will never understand why Marquette dropped the Warriors nickname, because there was an easy solution at the time to avoid the Indian symbolism controversy. Marquette should have kept the Warriors name, but changed the logo to refer to a different type of warrior, without any Indian connotations. One example of another alternative was the later use of a futuristic warrior carrying a lightning bolt, used by the NBA's Golden State Warriors. There was definitely a workable solution out there which could have kept the history of the Warrior nickname without offending anyone. The Marquette basketball program has been the premier sport for that university for decades, with Final Four appearances, and a National Title in 1977. Taking the limp name of Golden Eagles was such a disappointment, hell, I'm not even a grad of the school. Sad situation.

As a Cowboys fan, I'd say the "double star" nonsense. I don't know if fan outrage killed it, but I can't think of a single fan I know that liked it.

Good riddance.

Double star? Pictures?

These

emmitt94pf-1.jpg

The "Little Giants" jerseys.

I really like this.

On 7/10/2012 at 10:24 AM, raysfan24 said:
On 7/10/2012 at 8:56 PM, raysfan24 said:

I think of the New Hampshire Primaries. Too bad Fisher Cats fans didn't like it. These would of been killer.

Forgot to add, the bottom was supposed to be the cap logo.

It's too bad they backed out of this. I love this as a minor league identity.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Ole Miss mascots remind me of what the 76ers did last season, tryin to make a new mascot

a967b98d.png

They nixed the idea since all 3 basically suck lol.

Look at the lower left. Does Ben have... breasts?

That was my first thought as well. Apparently the Ben Franklin everyone hears about doesn't give the whole story.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Better than these:

ole-miss-hotty-toddy.jpg

"Duffman says the South will rise again! Oh yeah!"

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

*images deleted*

They nixed the idea since all 3 basically suck lol.

No kidding. Hip Hop was better than those. Which isn't saying much.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A lot of fans are clamoring for the return of Big Shot, who was basically a big over-stuffed goof. The team confirmed via Twitter today that:

1. A new mascot (not one of those designs) will be introduced for this season.

2. The blue jerseys will actually be worn at some point. They will be (as we saw in the video game) the same as the road jersey, just blue.

3. They are working on a throwback PHILA jersey.

4. They may wear a 50th season patch this season. Not sure yet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Cowboys fan, I'd say the "double star" nonsense. I don't know if fan outrage killed it, but I can't think of a single fan I know that liked it.

Good riddance.

Double star? Pictures?

These

emmitt94pf-1.jpg

The "Little Giants" jerseys.

They even wore a blue version!

569894.jpg

There's a whole group of posters on this site that have a strange love for these... I don't get it. These uniforms made me hate the Cowboys even more, and I didn't think that was possible.

These and the Patriots uniforms with the giant elvii on the shoulders... they seem to go hand and hand with people... love them or hate them.

6546ivez6sv8ofvu9wehppoqq.gif

Forgot to add, the bottom was supposed to be the cap logo.

It's too bad they backed out of this. I love this as a minor league identity.

I don't know if a team in New Hampshire, which is firmly Red Sox territory, would want to come close to invoking the Yankees' Uncle Sam hat, though.

q5PWd.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

New Mexico State had a revolt when our original Pistol Pete was modernized in 2000's.

d_ap_1.jpg

This was our original Pistol Pete

image002.jpg

This was the modernized version made in 2005. The big complaint was he was missing his pistols and fans called him Lasso Larry instead.

QOVSCDWYBGDHLCC.20050815174335.jpg

After a few years of complaining, Pistol Pete got his guns back.

new-mexico-state-logo.png?w=224&h=197

I personally prefer the black hat and guns look.

Wow, so what's the story here. Why does Ok State's logo look so much like that old NM St logo? Who copied who?

2557.gif

Actually Pistol Pete was a real cowboy who avenged his father's murder. He wound up selling his likeness to the University of Wyoming, Oklahoma State, and New Mexico state. So nobody is really ripping anyone else.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Frank_Eaton

For completeness (best version I could find online--sorry about the cheesy wordmark on the left-hand side):

pistolstorm.jpg

I would not expect anything less. Sports Illustrated once said that NMSU has the most politically incorrect fight song with this line. "We will pop a keg of booze, wobble in our shoes, and drink to the Aggies win or loose."

I still think I prefer Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech:

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech, and a hell of an engineer—

A helluva, helluva, helluva, helluva, hell of an engineer.

Like all the jolly good fellows, I drink my whiskey clear.

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer.

Oh! If I had a daughter, sir, I'd dress her in White and Gold,

And put her on the campus to cheer the brave and bold.

But if I had a son, sir, I'll tell you what he'd do—

He would yell, 'To hell with Georgia!' like his daddy used to do.

Oh, I wish I had a barrel of rum and sugar three thousand pounds,

A college bell to put it in and a clapper to stir it round.

I'd drink to all the good fellows who come from far and near.

I'm a ramblin', gamblin', hell of an engineer!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived